We are proud to have launched the Forever Rovers Heritage Project to celebrate the players that are woven into the fabric of the history of the club.
A determination to strengthen the connection with our history will see every player that has made an appearance in a senior competition assigned their heritage number, starting from the first Rovers side to play in the Football League, through to our most recent debutant and beyond into future seasons.
The creation of the Heritage Project would not have been possible without the work of club historian John Coyle, whose extensive records have proven invaluable.
Heritage Project criteria
Players are eligible for a Heritage Number if they have appeared in the following competitions:
- Football League (including play-offs)
- FA Cup (from first round onwards)
- Football League Cup
- Football League Trophy
- League Group Cup (1981/82)
- Division Three North Cup (1930s)
- Football Conference (including play-offs)
- FA Trophy
- Conference League Cup
The following match types are not included:
- Midland League
- Friendly matches
- FA Cup qualifying rounds
- Wartime matches
- Expunged league matches
- Abandoned matches
- Sheffield Couny Cup
- Sheffield and Hallamshire Senior Challenge Cup
- Local cup competitions (Montagu Cup etc)