Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy tickets
20 November 2021 Venue Eco-Power Stadium Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League One

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

PREVIEW | Rovers vs Lincoln City

19 November 2021

Rovers host Lincoln City this weekend after a 17 day absence from Sky Bet League One

Richie Wellens’ side have recorded two cup wins over Scunthorpe United in that period while a Sky Bet League One match against Fleetwood Town was postponed due to international call-ups.

Rovers have generally faired well against the Imps since their return to the EFL in 2017 and will hope that record continues this weekend. Last season both the home and away match ended in 1-0 victories for Rovers. While things were fairly comfortable for Rovers in the home match, loan goalkeeper Ellery Balcombe made two penalty saves to secure an incredible three points on the road.

Both Rovers and Lincoln have similar form going into this game.

In opposition:

Pre-match thoughts from Cantley Park:

More ahead of this match:



Can't join us for the next game? Keep up with the action with iFollow Rovers


Advertisement block

Match Reports

REPORT | Rovers 0 Lincoln City 0

20 November 2021

Rovers go four unbeaten in all competitions with a goal less draw vs Lincoln City.

There were five changes from the squad that last played Sky Bet League One football vs Crewe Alexandra on November 2. Louis Jones, Rodrigo Vilca, Branden Horton, John Bostock and Jon Taylor all started. They replaced Pontus Dahlberg, Ro-Shaun Williams, Jordy Hiwula, Matt Smith and Tiago Cukur.

The game marked Taylor’s return to the squad after a set back with his recovery from an ankle injury.
Lincoln’s Anthony Scully had the first chance of the game. He picked up on Branden Horton’s clearance and immediately shot goal wards. His chance was no concern for Louis Jones.

It was only a couple of minutes later when Rovers had their first chance through Kyle Knoyle, but the timid effort made an easy save for Josh Griffiths.

Tom Anderson then made a driving run through the centre of the pitch before delivering a ball into the box. Tommy Rowe got a glancing header, but there was not enough direction on the ball to cause any real threat.

Rovers had two back-to-back free kicks 25 yards out from goal as Rowe was initially fouled by Conor McGrandles – who received a yellow for his challenge. The first ball from Jon Taylor bounced off the Lasse Sorensen in the wall. At second pickings, Taylor teed the ball up for Joe Dodoo, whose low drilled shot was blocked.

On the 33rd minute Jones produced a magnificent save to deny the low headed chance from Scully.

Another big chance later fell the way of Scully. When in a prime goal scoring position he decided to back heel the ball straight to Tom Anderson who wasted no time in clearing the decks.

As half-time came, the game was goalless with both teams having some decent chances but neither side managing to get a hold in the game.

After the break Aidan Barlow replaced John Bostock who went down injured just before referee Robert Lewis blew for half time

Barlow was quickly involved in the action with one of his first touches being a shot off target. On the 53rd minute he won Rovers a free kick in a threatening position.

Left back Horton was unfortunate not to put Rovers in front after his headed effort went over the cross bar.

After 69 minutes Taylor was replaced by Cukur. Prior to that chance Hakeeb Adelakun was introduced by Lincoln and instantly caused Rovers a problem.

N'Lundulu forced Anderson into an important challenge to stop the forward in a threatening attack. The Rovers captain was consequently shown a yellow card.

A minute later, the Southampton loanee made a blistering run goal wards but could not get past an inspired block by Horton.

In the final ten minutes of the game, Rovers stepped up the pressure and looked very likely to take the lead, but Wellens’ side just lacked that clinical touch in front of goal.

Barlow forced Imps goalkeeper Josh Griffiths into a fantastic save after his thunderous shot from just outside the box.

Cukur and Barlow both had big chances from close range but could not get past Lincoln’s tight defence.

Then it was followed up by Dodoo playing a teasing ball across the face of goal which Anderson was inches away from tapping in.

Arguably Rovers' biggest chance of the game came with the last kick of the game when Dodoo headed over Griffiths bar. 

The game ended goal less and Rovers will now travel to Bolton Wanderers on November Tuesday 23. 

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account