Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

10 December 2022 Venue Rodney Parade Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

Your away day guide to Newport County

9 December 2022

Heading to Newport with Rovers this weekend?

Supporter liaison officer Dean Medcalf has put together an away guide with everything you need to know ahead of your journey to South Wales.

The guide features travel information including the supporter coach details and parking options on arrival at Rodney Parade.

For more details and information, check out the guide by clicking HERE.


Can't join us for the next game? Keep up with the action with iFollow Rovers


Advertisement block

Match Reports

REPORT | Newport County 0 Rovers 1

10 December 2022

Kyle Knoyle’s superb strike fired Rovers to a well-deserved win at Newport County.

Versatile Knoyle netted the only goal of the game - and only his second for the club - just before the hour mark to capitalise on a strong period of attacking play and return Rovers to winning ways.

The full back played on the right side of a back three due to illness ruling out Tom Anderson, with Charlie Seaman starting a right wing back.

But when found himself deep in opposition territory, he lashed home an unstoppable strike to set Rovers on their way to the three points on a bitterly cold day in South Wales.

Rovers had the better of the attacking play on the afternoon and were well on top during a 30 minute spell which sandwiched half time.

And they showed great resolve and organisation to hold onto the lead in the later stages.

The hosts had the first sight of goal but Will Evans failed to hit the target with a volley from 20 yards.

At the other end, Adam Clayton blasted over the bar from a Ben Close lay-off following a good spell of pressure from Rovers.

Clayton got Rovers on the front foot with a superb through ball for Seaman who looked to pick out George Miller with a low pass only for Newport’s Priestley Farquharson to produce a timely sliding block.

Seaman lashed a shot wide from 20 yards after good work from Close on the edge of the box.

Newport went close to taking the lead just before the half hour mark when Cameron Norman flicked on a long throw only to see Evans turn his header over the bar from close range.

Rovers were millimetres away from going ahead ten minutes from the break. Max Woltman raced onto a through ball from Close, danced his way into space and drilled towards the back post where a sliding Harrison Biggins was agonisingly close to connecting.

The game’s first effort on target came moments later when Biggins drew a good save from Newport keeper Joe Day with a powerful drive on the volley from the edge of the box.

Biggins was denied once again with a block from the subsequent corner as he ran onto a low ball in from Clayton.

The good spell of pressure from Rovers continued as half time approached. Brilliant work from Ben Close saw him work space for a cross under pressure and Tommy Rowe sent a header onto the top of the crossbar.

The bright play continued after the break with Rovers quickly back on the front foot.

And they were close to breaking the deadlock on 50 minutes with a triple blast of efforts. First, Miller drew a good save from Day from just inside the area. The ball then fell to Seaman whose strike was blocked, while Miller was also shut out as he attempted to turn home from close range.

Jonathan Mitchell was called into action for the first time and produced an excellent reaction save. Omar Bogle clipped the ball into the box with Evans volleying into the ground only for Mitchell to tip over.

Rovers had an excellent opportunity to take the lead when Miller was sent racing clear through only for Day to close down the space and make the save.

But they were ahead on the 58 minute mark. Close saw a cross blocked, only for the ball to drop to Knoyle who lashed high into the net from a tight angle.

Chances for either side proved hard to come by over the final half hour, with Rovers largely successful in disrupting Newport play in the middle of the park.

Backs were to the wall somewhat in the later stages of the game as the hosts pushed in search of the equaliser but Rovers held firm.

Biggins went close to getting on the scoresheet in added time as he struck low from the edge of the box, only to see the ball fly narrowly wide.

There was one last nervy moment when Mickey Demetriou headed narrowly wide from a corner, but the win went to Rovers.

Newport: Day, Drysdale, Demetriou, Farquharson, Norman, Moriah-West, Bennett (Dolan 59), Waite (Wildig 59), Aaron Lewis, Evans (Zanzala 59), Bogle. Subs: Townsend, Willmott, Collins, Adam Lewis.

Rovers: Mitchell, Knoyle, Williams, Rowe, Seaman, Clayton, Close, Maxwell, Woltman (Taylor 65), Close, Miller. Subs: Jones, Faulkner, Long, Ravenhill, Hurst, Agard.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account