Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

19 November 2022 Venue JobServe Community Stadium Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

Your away day guide to Colchester United

18 November 2022

Heading to Colchester with Rovers this weekend?

Supporter liaison officer Dean Medcalf has put together an away guide with everything you need to know ahead of your journey to Essex.

The guide features travel information including the supporter coach details and parking options on arrival at the Jobserve Community Stadium.

For more details and information, check out the guide by clicking HERE.


Can't join us for the next game? Keep up with the action with iFollow Rovers


Advertisement block

Match Reports

REPORT | Colchester United 3 Rovers 0

19 November 2022

It proved to be a frustrating afternoon in Essex for Rovers as they were beaten 3-0 by Colchester United.

Danny Schofield’s side arrived at the JobServe Community Stadium looking for a third consecutive win in Sky Bet League Two.

But despite some promising play in the first half, they left disappointed with Alex Newby, Samson Tovide and Luke Hannant each scoring excellent goals for the hosts.

Schofield named an unchanged starting XI from the side that triumphed at Grimsby Town the previous weekend. A masked Joseph Olowu returned to the bench for the first time since suffering his serious facial injury.

Captain Tom Anderson was called into action early as he slid in to block out a cross into the box with Tovide looking to pounce from close range.

Jonathan Mitchell got down well to keep a low drive from Luke Chambers after Rovers struggled to clear their lines from a corner.

Rovers produced some slick passing play through the middle third and began to enjoy some success in opposition territory.

Harrison Biggins went close when he saw a side-footed effort deflect narrowly wide after a smart corner routine.

And Luke Molyneux was inches away from giving Rovers the lead midway through the half. The forward cut inside after being released down the right but saw his shot deflected narrowly over with a block from Chambers.

Rovers were finding their flow and passed swiftly forward to put George Miller into space 25 yards out. He went for goal early and saw his strike deflect just over the bar.

Molyneux continued to test his range from outside the box and struck just wide of the near post after spinning onto a throw-in.

Schofield’s side were firmly in the ascendency as half time approached. A superb passing move led to James Maxwell driving a shot past the far post from a tight angle.

And Biggins was not too far away with a first time strike from a Miller cutback which bobbled wide.

But it was the hosts who carried the lead into the break. Newby floated a superb free kick over the wall and in off the post to put Colchester ahead in the first minute of additional time.

Alan Judge threatened to double the advantage before half time when he fired on goal from the edge of the box but Mitchell made a comfortable stop.

Aidan Barlow replaced Molyneux at the break with the forward having suffered a knock during the first half.

Rovers found the hosts tough to break down in the early stages of the second half and it took until the 58th minute for their first sight of goal in the period. Hurst delivered a superb ball into the box with Junior Tchamadeu heading out for a corner as Biggins looked to connect.

And Rovers were stunned a minute later. Tovide collected a long ball forward and smashed a shot in off the post at the near top corner from 20 yards to double Colchester’s advantage,

The hosts continued to prove a tough nut to crack as Rovers hunted for a way back into the game, without much success.

Barlow was stretchered off after pulling up with a knee injury unchallenged, resulting in a lengthy halting of play.

Substitute Matty Longstaff went close to adding a third when he pounced on a mistake and fired on goal from just inside the area, but Mitchell was equal to it.

But Colchester did find a third on 89 minutes when Hannant drilled in from 25 yards.

Ro-Shaun Williams prevented a fourth goal deep into added time when he threw his body in front of a piledriver from Ossama Ashley.

Colchester: Hornby, Tchamadeu, Chambers, Smith, Kazeem, Ashley (Chilvers 90), Newby, Judge (Longstaff 70), Hannant (Huws 90), Tovide (Sears 70), Nouble (Eastman 90). Subs not used: O’Hara, Chesters.

Rovers: Mitchell, Williams, Anderson, Long (Clayton 64), Knoyle (Seaman 90), Biggins, Close, Maxwell, Molyneux (Barlow 46, Agard 78), Hurst (Taylor 64), Miller. Subs not used: Jones, Olowu.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account