Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy tickets
08 October 2022 Venue The Eco-Power Stadium Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Reports

REPORT | Rovers 1 Orient 1

8 October 2022

Harrison Biggins’ first Rovers goal earned a share of the spoils with Sky Bet League Two leaders Leyton Orient.

After a disappointing first period in which Paul Smyth gave the visitors the lead, Rovers improved after the break and managed to find the leveller when Biggins headed home with 14 minutes remaining.

Gary McSheffrey made two changes to the side that started the midweek trip to Hartlepool United with Ben Close and Kieran Agard restored to the starting XI.

The visitors dominated the early possession but were made to wait until the 12th minute to register their first attempt. Idris El Mizouni struck a loose ball first time from 20 yards and narrowly missed the target.

It was a struggle throughout the half for Rovers to enjoy meaningful possession and Orient had a stranglehold on play for long periods.

Jonathan Mitchell was called into action for the first time midway through the half when forced to push wide a George Moncur strike. And the Rovers keeper comfortably held a header from Dan Happe from the subsequent corner.

Orient broke the deadlock on the 26th minute with an excellent effort from Smyth. He brought a ball into the box from Rob Hunt under control with his back to goal and executed a superb overhead kick into the far corner.

Mitchell was equal to a powerful drive from Moncur just past the half hour mark while Hunt headed well wide for the visitors just before the break.

McSheffrey opted for a triple change at the break with Adam Long, Max Woltman and Reo Griffiths all entering the fray.

Mitchell produced an excellent save ten minutes into the second half as he tipped over a volley from Moncur.

As they settled into the changes, there was improvement for Rovers who began to enjoy more of the ball in opposition territory.

And they were inches away from levelling just after the hour. Ben Close forced Lawrence Vigouroux into a save with a powerful low drive. Griffiths pounced for the rebound but Hunt produced an excellent block, sparking an almighty goalmouth scramble.

The equaliser did come on 76 minutes however. Kyle Knoyle sent in a peach of a cross the right and Biggins flicked a header into the corner.

Orient went close to going back in front when Omar Beckles met a free kick into the box but he could only head over the bar.

Woltman lined up a shot in the box after latching onto a pass from Luke Molyneux, but saw his effort blocked.

Rovers: Mitchell, Knoyle, Faulkner, Williams, Maxwell (Long 46), Close, Clayton, Molyneux, Biggins, Hurst (Woltman 46), Agard (Griffiths 46). Subs not used: Jones, Seaman, Ravenhill, Barlow.

Orient: Vigouroux, James, Beckles, Happe, Hunt, Pratley, El Mizouni, Archibald (Kelman 71), Smyth, Moncur (Clay 67), Drinan (Sotiriou 86). Subs not used: Sergeant, Ogie, Brown, Wareham.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account