Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 19:45 (UK)

13 September 2022 Venue SO Legal Stadium Attendance

Kick off 19:45 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

PREVIEW | Rovers v Barrow AFC

13 September 2022

Advertisement block

Match Reports

REPORT | Barrow 2 Rovers 0

13 September 2022

Rovers were beaten on the road by Barrow.

Rovers had a ten day break between the Barrow match and the defeat to Mansfield Town and Gary McSheffrey made one change from the team that was beaten by the Stags with Bobby Faulkner replaced by Adam Long.

Despite a strong start to the game Rovers faded away and a lively Barrow took full advantage to run out deserved winners in the end. 

Rovers had a bright start with chances for Tommy Rowe and George Miller defended well.

Long had a golden chance to give Rovers the lead 13 minutes in from a corner routine. Miller flicked the ball onto him, but his header at the back post was over Paul Farman’s goal.

The game quickly became stop-start with Rovers being awarded a succession of free kicks following challenges from the Bluebirds, but McSheffrey’s team did not take advantage of those opportunities.

Jonathan Mitchell had to be on his toes throughout the half with him pulling off saves against Sam McCelland and Ben Whitfield.

But it would be Whitfield who would find a way past Mitchell as the hosts raced into the lead on the 37th minute.

Rovers almost responded a couple of minutes later when Harrison Biggins’ low ball into the box found Rowe, whose shot was straight at Paul Farman.

In the second-half, Barrow picked up where they left off with two big chances for Robbie Gotts. One was saved by Mitchell while the other was over the bar.

The first roll of the dice for Gary McSheffrey saw him make a double change on the hour mark with Biggins and Hurst making way for Jon Taylor and Max Woltman who came on for his debut.

Barrow continued to dominate with an unstoppable pace down the wings causing problems from Rovers.

The hosts doubled their lead to earn what turned out to be the winner through a good move that saw a one-two between Billy Waters and Tyrell Warren cut Rovers open as Warren finished through the legs of Mitchell.

After this, McSheffrey made his final change as Luke Molynuex was replaced by Kieran Agard. 

Mitchell pulled off a brilliant save when faced one-on-one with Barrow substitute Billy Waters. Josh Gordon minutes later should have killed the game off when presented with a golden opportunity but was off target.

The game was certainly a bad day at the office for Rovers who suffer back-to-back Sky Bet League Two defeats. McSheffrey will be looking for a responce as Rovers welcome Swindon Town to the Eco-Power Stadium on Saturday, September 17. 

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account