Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy tickets
24 February 2024 Venue The Eco-Power Stadium Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Reports

REPORT | Rovers 1 AFC Wimbledon 0

24 February 2024

Rovers’ excellent run of form continued as they saw off AFC Wimbledon at the Eco-Power Stadium.

Hakeeb Adelakun’s early goal was enough to win the game, with Rovers producing a thoroughly professional second half showing to see out the victory and stretch the unbeaten run to five matches.

There were certainly opportunities for Rovers to extend their advantage but they also needed to show a streak of steel and defensive resolve, particularly as the visitors pushed hard for an equaliser in the later stages.

Grant McCann understandably kept faith with the side that started the comfortable triumph at Grimsby Town a week earlier.

And just like on the trip to Blundell Park, Rovers made a brilliant start to the game to take the lead after just three minutes. Joe Ironside held the ball up and found Harrison Biggins, who powered forward and slid a pass into Adelakun to finish smartly low into the far corner.

Rovers remained on the front foot and Adelakun stung the palms of Wimbledon keeper Alex Bass with a low angled drive while Tom Anderson headed wide from a good position as the half wore on.

Wimbledon offered little by the way of attacking threat until defender Lee Brown failed to send a header on target just after the half hour mark.

And Rovers remained the more dangerous outfit, with Ironside collecting the ball from Richard Wood and drawing a save from Bass.

Wimbledon forward Josh Kelly looked to pounce on a moment of hesitation at the back from Rovers only to send his shot straight at Thimothée Lo-Tutala, who was hardly unduly troubled throughout the afternoon.

Molyneux flicked the ball on to Ironside who volleyed off target as half time approached.

Owen Bailey fired wide in the early in the second half but the game became more on an end-to-end affair as Wimbledon boss Johnnie Jackson threw on multiple attacking options.

Omar Bugiel could not get the ball out from under his feet as a chance dropped to him in the heart of the Rovers box.

Matthew Craig saw a shot blocked with Molyneux striking the follow-up wide with the wide man later seeing a low strike deflect off target.

Ironside powered a header wide of the post in the later stages, before Wimbledon threw everything they had in search of the leveller.

They struggled for clear cut opportunities however and Lo-Tutala mopped up superbly at the feet of substitute Josh Neufville while the Rovers keeper punched away a dangerous free kick in the dying moments to help Rovers to a third win from the last five games.

Rovers: Lo-Tutala, Sterry (Olowu 90+2), Anderson, Wood, Maxwell (Nixon 70), Craig, Bailey, Molyneux, Biggins (Waters 70), Adelakun (Hurst 54), Ironside. Subs not used: Jones, Broadbent, Rowe.

DRFC_SM_970pix250pix copy.jpg

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account