Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

30 September 2023 Venue SO Legal Stadium Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Reports

REPORT | Barrow 3 Rovers 2

30 September 2023

Rovers fell to a 3-2 defeat on a challenging afternoon at Barrow.

Finding themselves behind early to a Tyrell Warren header, Rovers found Barrow a tough nut to crack throughout a slog of a first half.

Ged Garner doubled the hosts’ advantage after the break and while Joe Ironside hit back for Rovers, breathing space was restored when substitute Emile Acquah netted on the break.

Mo Faal headed home during stoppage time to set up a frantic finish but time ran out on an unlikely comeback, bringing an end to Rovers’ run of winning form.

Barrow’s organisation and structure reigned supreme as Rovers struggled to find the key to unlock the Bluebirds’ miserly defence.

Grant McCann made one change to the side that started the win over Gillingham with Ironside restored to the XI following illness while Tommy Rowe returned from suspension on the bench.

Rovers produced the first opportunity of the game as Harrison Biggins met the ball on the volley but sent it straight at Barrow keeper Paul Farman.

The hosts took the lead on 12 minutes when Warren raced into the box to meet an excellent cross from Elliot Newby and head home from six yards.

Barrow settled into a mid-block after the goal, with Rovers enjoying the majority of possession but finding real opportunities to play forward hard to come by.

The main threat came from the left flank and Luke Molyneux, but his deliveries into the box could not be capitalised upon.

Barrow were also a threat from the left, with Newby sending in several dangerous crosses.

The best opportunity for Rovers during the first half saw Tom Nixon dart into the middle to meet a Molyneux cross first time, only for an outstretched Barrow leg to turn the ball over the bar.

Barrow extended their advantage on 53 minutes. Louis Jones skidded out of the box on the wet surface with the ball in his hands after claiming a cross, conceding a free kick on the edge of the box which Garner drilled home through the ball.

But Rovers found a goal back four minutes later when Ironside headed home a ball into the box.

McCann immediately sent on four substitutes in search of the equaliser. But Rovers continued to struggle to mount real pressure on the Barrow goal.

And as they pushed forward, they were caught out as Barrow found a third. A fine ball up the pitch landed at the feet of Acquah, who strode forward and slotted beyond Jones.

Rovers continued to push however and ensured a dramatic end to the game when Faal rose well to send a header into the corner, three minutes into six added.

And while a flurry of corners followed, they could not find the leveller.

Rovers: Jones, Olowu, Anderson, Bailey, Nixon (Rowe 58), Biggins (Faal 58), Westbrooke (Roberts 58), Close (Broadbent 58), Molyneux, Marsh (Sotona 73), Ironside. Subs not used: Bottomley, Faulkner.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account