For several years Doncaster Rovers have lead the way in their family friendly approach to football, and at the weekend that approach was acknowledged as the club were identified as one of the most family friendly clubs in the UK.
In an article in the Guardian newspaper, Rovers were one of five clubs picked out of the Championship and praised for their approach to targeting families.
Shaun Lockwood, Head of Marketing for Doncaster Rovers said “It’s great that the club are starting to be acknowledged nationally for our efforts to bring football to families in Doncaster. We’ll continue to work with schools, junior football teams and other organisations in Doncaster to make our family offering as affordable and enjoyable as possible.”
The acknowledgement in The Guardian is the latest in the line of a series of successes for Rovers off the pitch, in the past twelve months alone the club have
- - Received acknowledgment throughout Europe for the In Rovers We Trust fan engagement project.
- - Been identified as has having one of the biggest junior supporters scheme, Junior Rovers, in the entire Football League
- - Been shortlisted for Family Club of the Year by the Football League (only the second time the Club have ever been shortlisted for a Football League award)
- - Once again won the Family Excellence Award (6th year running) and are one of only 8 clubs in the Country to win the award every year.
- - Been identified as best practice in Europe for the approach in recruiting Supporter Liaison Officers
Doncaster Rovers “DCLT Family Area” is operation every single Rovers match day and tickets can be purchased for an adult and child for just £24. On each match day the club put on a variety of entertainment for young fans including wii games, face painting, chance to have a photograph with Donny Dog and chance to get on the pitch pre-match or half time.
For the Guardian article click here
For information regarding families at Doncaster Rovers click here