With SPL team Motherwell in town on Saturday we look at few facts about them that you might not know.
1) They play at Fir Park. This has been their home since 1895
2) Their first game at home was against Celtic when over 6000 fans saw them win 8-1
3) They installed floodlights in the 1950s and their first game under light was a friendly against Preston North End which they won 3-2
4) The Main Stand is now called the Phil O’Donnell Stand. Named after their player collapsed on the pitch and died in 2007.
5) Motherwell are one of only seven teams who have remained in the SPL since day one in 1998.
6) They have been in the top flight of Scottish Football since 1984 but have only won one trophy The Scottish Cup in 1991 during that time.
7) Hamilton are their nearest rivals
8) They were formed in 1886 when the two main Motherwell works teams, Glencairn FC and Alpha FC met in Ballie's pub in the towns Merry Street, and decided to merge the two teams, with the aim of creating a club to represent the town as a whole at a higher footballing level
9) In 1927 on a tour of Spain they beat Real Madrid 3-1 and drew with Barcelona 2-2
10) They have played in the UEFA Cup, European Cup Winners Cup, Europa League and the UEFA Champions League.
11) Currently ranked 191st in the European Rankings
12) Terry Butcher is the only Englishman to manager them from 2002 to 2006
13) Stuart McCall replaced former Scotland manager Craig Brown as manager in 2011
14) Stephen Craigan holds the record for the most-capped player at the club, with 52 caps for Northern Ireland.
15) They have been Scottish League Champions once in 1931-32
16) They have qualified for the Europa League this season
17) Their goal keeper Gunnar Nielson is an international with the Faroe Islands
18) Tickets for the game are on general sale.
19) Tickets are priced at just £10 for adults £5 for concessions and just £1 for under 12s
20) Be there for the battle of the Scottish managers Dickov vs McCall
Ticket for Doncaster Rovers home games up to and including the game against Millwall on 29th December 2013 are now on general sale.
Tickets can be purchased on a match-by-match basis with prices starting from just £21 for adults and from just £18 for families (1 x Conc & 1 x Child) in the DCLT Family Area. Click HERE for the full pricing structure.
Multi-game ticket packages are also available whereby supporters can commit to either 5 or 10 games of their choice whilst enjoying a discount on the price of the tickets.
Prices for 5 game multi-game package start from just £95, whilst the 10 game package starts from just £180. Click HERE for the full pricing structure.
For more information or to purchase tickets please contact the Ticket Office on: 01302 762576 or click HERE