Huge congratulations are in order for lifelong Doncaster Rovers supporter Michael Calow who was the lucky winner of the Rovers Alliance £10,000 super jackpot draw.
The draw, which is the highlight of the Rovers Alliance calendar, took place live on the pitch at half time at Rovers home game against Yeovil.
The 10 finalists each took it in turns to select a ball out of a concealed bag and the numbers they pulled out determined the person that was eliminated from the competition.
By process of elimination, the super jackpot winner was determined after nine of the ten balls were accounted for, leaving Michael the last man standing to walk away with the full £10,000 and his name in the Rovers history books.
Michael celebrated his win on the pitch with Rovers players’ Billy Paynter, James Coppinger and Evan Finnegan who were all thrilled to see him take home the jackpot.
Michael said: “I am absolutely delighted and unbelievably shocked to have won the £10,000 jackpot.
“My wife sadly died earlier this year and she always said that I would be lucky and would win something– but I can’t believe that I have won such a big prize.
“I promised the Rotherham branch of the charity Mind that if I won I would take them all out for a nice meal – so that’s first on my to do list. But I have no idea what I will spend the rest of the money on. I am still in shock!”
Shaun Lockwood, Communications Manager at Doncaster Rovers conducted the draw. He said: “It is wonderful news for Michael the lucky recipient of the Rovers Alliance £10,000 super jackpot draw.
“He is a very worthy winner and a loyal Rovers supporter. We wish him well as he works out how he is going to spend his windfall.”
The Rovers Alliance is an exclusive members club for Rovers fans, which raises vital funds for the clubs youth development. For as little as £2.25 per week, the Alliance is packed full of exclusive benefits for members including:
• Entry into the Rovers Alliance £10,000 annual super jackpot draw
• Weekly entry into the Doncaster Rovers Lottery
• 5% discount on your 2013/14 season ticket (Must be a member for 3 months before gaining discount).
• 10% discount on corporate hospitality packages (excludes premium fixtures)
• 2 pairs of free tickets to a Rovers home game
• Priority ticketing
• Opportunity to attend exclusive events
• Regular draws for 'money can't buy' experiences, where you will gain access behind the scenes at the club and win prizes such as training ground experiences, press hospitality packages and VIP stadium tours.
For more information regarding the Rovers Alliance, pick up a brochure from the Ticket Office. Or alternatively, contact Jade Sims on 01302 764659 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org