Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

Report: Rovers 0 Hull City 4

10 September 2013

Sponsored by

Hull City ran out comfortable winners against Rovers in this afternoon's Central League game.

September 2013 at the Keepmoat Stadium, DoncasterthTuesday, 10

Central League East Division

Doncaster Rovers 0 Hull City 4

On a cold afternoon the first action of the game came in the 5th minute when Duffy got in a cracking shot from 20 yards that the keeper could only beat away. 

Rovers had the better of the first ten minutes but the visitors then got into their stride. A corner on the Hull right was swung over to the far post where Armstrong headed for the far bottom corner but Finnegan was there to clear off the line. 

Then, in the 26th minute, FLETCHER headed a cross from Martin, on the visitors’ right, in from close range. Hull went on to have the better of the play and in the 38th minute were awarded a free kick about twenty-five yards out in a central position. ARMSTRONG took the kick and placed it just inside the post, with Maxted unable to reach it. 

A minute before the break Duffy, for the Rovers, put in a good cross from the left that Jakupovic punched away off the head off the head of Paynter. 

Half Time – Doncaster Rovers 0 Hull City 2

Andy Griffin came on for Quinn for the Rovers at the start of the second half. 

They came out and went straight on to the attack. A cross from Ferguson, on the Rovers right, reached Duffy at the far post but his shot was blocked. He picked up the rebound and the keeper beat his effort away. 

In the 53rd minute, Armstrong for Hull got in a good strike that Maxted, diving to his left, pushed away. PROSCHWITZ picked the ball up on the right byline and somehow squeezed it through several bodies and the post into the net. 

At the other end Harper skewed a shot wide when the ball was pulled back to him from the left byline. Just before the hour Duffy had a go from 16 yards but put his effort high over the bar. 

In the 61st minute Duffy received the ball a yard into the Hull half, spotted the keeper off his line and tried for goal but, with the keeper struggling to get back, the ball went wide. Minutes later and a free kick from the Rovers left was spilled by the keeper but evaded three red and white shirts. 

Rovers tried hard to get something from the game and had a majority of the possession but were unable to get a clean strike at goal. Syers put high and wide from 25 yards and a corner was headed wide. 

As the last ten minutes came up the visitors awoke from their slumbers and got back in the game. Henderson had a thirty yarder saved by Maxted and then, in the 84th minute, 

Armstrong played a ball through for FLETCHER to run on to and slot past Maxted. 

Continuing to push on the Rovers, following some good play saw a Peterson effort blocked and then the follow-up from Middleton was also blocked and eventually cleared.

Result – Doncaster Rovers 0 Hull City 4 (Fletcher 26, 84 Armstrong 38 Proschwitz 53)

Teams – Rovers – Jon Maxted, Paul Quinn, Jordan Binns, Liam Wakefield, Evan Finnegan; Lewis Ferguson, James Harper, David Syers, Mark Duffy; Alex Peterson, Billy Paynter

Subs used – Andy Griffin for Quinn 46 mins; Harry Middleton for Ferguson 60 mins; 

Subs not used – Josh Meade, Chris Whincop, Scott Brown, Jack McLaren gk

Hull City – Eldin Jakupovic; Sam Topliss, Abdoulaye Faye, Will Aimson, Max Clark, Matty Dixon, Conor Henderson, James Armstrong, Calum Martin, Matthew Fletcher, Nick Proschwitz

Subs used – Jack Barlow for Martin 50 mins; Daniel Chambers for Faye 67 mins; Sam O’Connor for Proschwitz 77 mins;

– Joe Cracknell gkSubs not used

Advertisement block