Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Match Reports

Match Report : 21/10/2014

21 October 2014

Sponsored by

Rovers 0-2 Leyton Orient

Doncaster Rovers 0

Leyton Orient  2

Keepmoat Stadium

October 2014stTuesday 21

Sky Bet League One


A frustrating night at the Keepmoat see’s Leyton Orient beat Rovers 2-0.


The match got off to the worst possible start for Rovers, when after just two minutes Jay Simpson did brilliantly to out strength Reece Wabara in the penalty area, before slotting his side foot finish into the bottom corner.


Rovers, who were hoping for a response from Saturday’s disappointment at Fleetwood, almost scored within seconds, when a James Coppinger’ cross was unlucky not to find Harry Forrester at the back post. However, plans of a quick start were halted on the next attack, when the O’s scored.


Nathan Tyson had an effort saved Gary Woods, but the former Rovers man parried straight to Coppinger, who had what looked to be a tap in from 6 yards, but Elliot Omozusi somehow blocked on the line.


The visitors had a chance to double their lead midway through the first half, when Jobi McAnuff beat Wabara down the Orient left, but his delivery couldn’t be converted by a teammate.


The match turned scrappy for much of the first half; until Tyson looked to benefit from a Woods mistake, when he attempted to lift his effort over Scott Cuthbert the O’s man appeared to stop the goal bound shot with his arm, which was waved away by the referee.


Rovers came out in the second half on the front foot but couldn’t create too many clear chances early on. Bennett then replaced Forrester on 51 minutes, and added some spark to Rovers attack, he had a good effort from 25 yards, but the ball went narrowly wide.


Orient’ got themselves back on top in the match and a corner was kept in by Darius Henderson on the right hand side. Henderson scored a wonderful left foot goal from distance, curling the ball into the top corner from 25 yards.


Curtis Main was introduced into the match immediately after Orient’s second, as Paul Dickov looked to try and find a way back into the tie.


Rovers did pile the pressure on but nothing seemed to go their way. First a ball flashed across the face of the Orient goal, but no man could turn it in. Then Wellen’s had a shot from distance, but it hit a teammate in the back.


With 5 minutes to go, Theo Robinson, replaced Jamie McCombe as Rovers looked to have one last go at getting back into the match.


Reece Wabara was lucky to stay on the pitch when he brought an Orient man down with minute to go. The referee thankful showed him a yellow.


Rovers couldn’t prevent back-to-back defeats, as the penalty appeal seemed their only hope back into the match.


Rovers:), Coppinger ©, Tyson.Bennett, 51), Coppinger, Forrester (Main, 64), Wakefield, Furman, Wellens, De-Val (Robinson,84Steer, Wabara, McCullough, McCombe (



Cautions – Forrester (44), Wabara (89)
Subs not used – Marosi, Evina, Keegan, Lund.

Orient:Woods, Omozuise, Cuthbert ©, McAnuff, Lowry, Pritchard, Bartley, Dagnall, Henderson, Price, Simpson.



Subs not used – Batt, Lee, Kashket, Grainfer, Ling, Agyemang, Adeboyejo.

Cautions – McAnuff (44)


Attendance –

5205 (236)

Advertisement block