The Club Doncaster Foundation is delighted to announce a new partnership with the Asian Sports Foundation.The Asian Sports Foundation is a UK not-for-profit non-governmental organisation campaigning for equality and inclusion for Asian communities in sport.
In partnership with the Club Doncaster Foundation, the Asian Sports Foundation will look to deliver tangible projects, which break down cultural and religious barriers and provide sporting benefits to a underrepresented minority ethnic community.
The new link aims to:
• Use the power of sport in Doncaster to create safe, inclusive programmes for children affected by poverty, conflict or family breakdown to access opportunities in education, sport and key life-skills
• Use Asian Sports Foundation status, experience and the role-models of its leaders and ambassadors to develop sport-led programmes in marginalised communities within Doncaster, promoting social cohesion, education and health
• Campaign for sports, national governing bodies, non-governmental organisation’s, clubs and committees to recognise and deliver on their responsibilities for equal inclusion for minority ethnic communities
• Use the power of sport to increase participation in South Asian communities in Doncaster
• Use the power of sport to increase health and wellbeing amongst South Asian communities in Doncaster
In the interests of equity, all activities will be accessible to all people in the partnership and appropriate to their abilities.
Speaking about the partnership Club Doncaster Foundation chief executive Liam Scully said: “We are really pleased to link up with such a prestigious organisation as we continue to grow and improve our partnership links.
“Our aim at the Foundation has always been to make Doncaster the best place it possibly can be and we hope this new partnership goes a long way to help improve the community of Doncaster even further.”
Johal Jug from the Asian Sport Foundation added: “We are delighted to have agreed this new collaboration with the Club Doncaster Foundation as we look to bring communities across the country together through the power of sport.
“We hope and believe that this new partnership with Club Doncaster will have a huge benefit to the community of Doncaster.”