Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

Paper Talk

15 December 2015

A round up of the headline makers from Saturday's 3-2 win over Crewe.

Yorkshire Post -  “However, a Rovers side that also came from behind to beat Cambridge United in the FA Cup the previous weekend had other ideas.
Firstly Stewart curled home a delightful free kick from 25 yards to level matters. Then with the last attack of the game, Aaron Taylor-Sinclair tossed the ball forward and it eventually fell for Williams, who curled it past Garratt to spark scenes of wild celebration at the Keepmoat.”

Popular Stand Blog – “Aaron Taylor-Sinclair sent a hail-Mary downfield. Andy Williams was first to the ball; managing to shuffle it into enough space on the edge of the area to curl a glorious left foot shot into the back of the net and send spray flying, ecstatic fans into the arms of strangers, and your reporter into a merry jig in the rain. Football’s alright, you know.”

Crewe Chronicle – “Even after Cameron Stewart had expertly meted out the dead ball punishment, a share of the spoils was still a good result. It would have been considered so on 89 minutes, so 240 further seconds of drama did not change that.
But it seemed the disappointment at losing two points cost them a third.”

Stoke Sentinel – “Doncaster boss Darren Ferguson felt it would have been a "travesty" had his side finished up on the losing side.
It looked to be that way when Callum Saunders scored in the 90th minute to put Crewe 2-1 win, but goals in the 93rd and 95th minutes from Cameron Stewart and Andy Williams turned things round as Rovers recorded their seventh win in 11 games since Ferguson took charge.”

And how we reported it – “It wasn’t over there however. Into stoppage time Rovers won a free kick 25 yards out,  Cameron Stewart stepped up and curled the ball into the top corner to make it 2-2.
Less than a minute later Aaron Taylor-Sinclair played the ball to Williams on the move. Turning away from his defender the striker brilliantly slotted the ball into the back of the net with his left foot to win the game for Rovers.”

Advertisement block