Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Match Reports

Match Report : 14/02/2015

14 February 2015

Sponsored by

Ruthless Rovers back up midweek victory against Crawley Town with a 3-0 win over the Glovers at the Keepmoat.

Rovers- 3 (Tyson 22’, Furman 57', Bennett 77')
Yeovil- 0

Saturday 14th February, 2015
Keepmoat Stadium
Sky bet League One

It was an unchanged side for Paul Dickov with Nathan Tyson leading the front line on his own.

Very much like midweek, Rovers started the game on top as they looked to back up their 5-0 victory over Crawley with a home win against struggling Yeovil.

Harry Forrester continued his good run of form and caused the Yeovil defence real problems down the left from the off. Fancy footwork from him won a free kick which forced Artur Krysiak into his first save of the afternoon.

More good work from Forrester brilliantly set up Paul Keegan on the edge of the area. His shot was heading for the top corner but for a fingertip save from Krysiak.

Minutes later Forrester was at it again with a surging run down the left wing. Cutting inside he saw his shot saved, but Rovers top goal scorer Nathan Tyson was there to poke the rebound home and give the home side the lead.

Shortly after taking the lead the  home side almost doubled their advantage as a Kyle Bennett free kick took a wicked deflection forcing a wonderful save from Krysiak, who was going the opposite way.

Yeovil’s first real chance of the game came on the stroke of half time as Gozie Ugwu received the ball in a good position in the box. Aiming for the top corner, his shot was well blocked by captain Andy Butler and on that the referee blew for half time.

HALF TIME SCORE: Rovers 1-0 Yeovil

Rovers came out looking for more in the second half as they continued to set the tempo of the game.

Dispossessing the Glovers in midfield substitute Curtis Main made a run down the right before slipping the ball to Dean Furman. With the pass taking a favourable deflection, Furman found himself in a great position to confidently finish the ball into the bottom corner.

With 15 minutes to go the Glovers day went from bad to worse. As a header was brilliantly cleared off the line by Furman, counter attacking football at its best saw Rovers get their third.

Tyson broke from inside his own half, sprinting all the way into the Yeovil box his square ball found Bennett at the back post who made no mistake in beating Krysiak and seal the win for Rovers.

New signing Abdul Razak was introduced to cheers at the Keepmoat with fifteen minutes to go. With Stephen Bywater not having to make a save in the second half, Rovers looked comfortable throughout and never looked like conceding with Paul Dickov doing the double over a team for the first time this season and moving up to 8th place in Sky Bet League One.

Team line ups-

Rovers: Bywater, Stevens, Wabara, Butler (c), McCombe, Wellens (Razak- 73), Keegan, Furman, Bennett, Forrester (Main- 48’), Tyson (Robinson- 80’)

Subs not used: Marosi, Wakefield, Whitehouse, Evina

Yeovil: Krysiak, Smith, Berrett, Hayter, Leitch-Smith (Hoskins- 37’), Foley, Moore, Nugent (A. Smith- 57’), Ugwu, Shepherd, Arthurworrey

Subs not used: Bell, Twumasi, Loza, Stewart, Morgan

Cautions: Moore, Foley

Attendance- 5,950
Away- 140.

Advertisement block