Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

What The Papers Say

6 January 2015

Sponsored by

A round up of a variety of angles from the weekend.

DONCASTER FREE PRESS - Paul Dickov will be a happy man if his Doncaster Rovers side can replicate the sort of endeavour they showed against Bristol City on a regular basis.
Rovers had to settle for a 1-1 draw in Saturday’s FA Cup third round clash after Matt Smith’s header cancelled out Luke McCullough’s first ever senior goal.
But Dickov was thrilled with his team’s fully committed display against the League One high fliers, which extended Doncaster’s unbeaten run to four games.

YORKSHIRE POST - Doncaster Rovers are the other Yorkshire team who played on Saturday who remain in the draw after drawing 1-1 with Leagoe One leaders Bristol City.
Matt Smith cancelled out Luke McCullough’s opener to earn City a 1-1 draw.
Rovers boss Paul Dickov was delighted with his team’s display and excigted avbout still being in the draw for the fourth round.

BRISTOL POST - Steve Cotterill accused his Bristol City side of failing to turn up for the first half in today’s FA Cup third round tie against Doncaster Rovers at the Keepmoat Stadium.
Rovers thoroughly deserved the 50th minute lead given them by defender Luke McCullough, but the Robins staged a second-half fight-back and Matt Smith’s fourth goal in three games earned them a 1-1 draw and a replay.

WESTERN DAILY PRESS - If anyone doubted Bristol City's desire to remain in the FA Cup, they should have been inside the Keepmoat Stadium 15 minutes from the end of this third-round tie.
Trailing to Luke McCullough's 50th-minute header, the Robins were in danger of bowing out and missing a potential glamour tie against a Premier League giant in tonight's fourth round draw.
Certainly, there were those among City's fan-base even, who would not have been overly upset had their team slipped to defeat and saved themselves the trouble of adding to an already-congested fixture list.

And how we reported it - A late surge from League One leaders Britsol City saw them get an equalising goal to earn a third round replay at Ashton Gate.

Advertisement block