Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

Report: Hartlepool United U18s 4-0 Doncaster Rovers U18s

7 November 2015

Rovers U18s miss their to claim top spot.

Hartlepool United U18s 4 (Jenson 18' 71', Briggs 21', Blackford 64') 
Doncaster Rovers U18s - 0 

Saturday 7th November 2015, 11:00am
Blackhall Colliery, Hartlepool
Youth Alliance League

Doncaster Rovers U18s missed the chance to go top of the North East Youth Alliance League with a disappointing 4-0 defeat at the hands of Hartlepool United. 

The visitors started the game in a very  threatening matter, with balls down the left side to Michael Carberry catching the opposition unaware. Rovers were forced into an early change with defender Ben Greasley being replaced by Reece Fielding due to injury. 

It was Hartlepool who opened the scoring against the run of play, an in-swinging cross from the left by Jack Blackford was met by the head of unmarked Jordan Jenson whose powerful effort was too much to handle for Johnathan Iveson in the Rovers goal. 

Less than three minutes later the hosts doubled their lead, the ball fell to centre midfielder Frazer Briggs who unleashed an effort from 25-yards out that took a slight deflection before looping over the head of Iveson. 

Rovers had the final chance of the first half and it came through Will Longbottom, Matthew Parkin played a delightful through ball to Longbottom who pulled the trigger but unfortunately for the striker he slipped on the wet pitch which took his effort wide of the right post.

Half time: Hartlepool United U18s 2-0 Doncaster Rovers U18s

Doncaster came quickly out of the blocks but once again they could not break through the tight Hartlepool defence. It took until the 64th minute of the game for the next opportunity to come and it turned out to be the Pools third of the game.

Striker Blackford picked the ball up inside Rovers' half after the ball got stuck in the puddle soaked pitch, he carried the ball a long way before unleashing a left footed effort that flew into the top left corner. 

Rovers could had pulled one back two minutes later after some great work from substitute Lloyd Henderson, the youngster's tricky footwork saw him pass three players before whipping the ball in dangerously to advancing midfielder Carberry who guided his shot just wide of the right post. 

Henderson was involved once again on the 70th minute, a free kick by Parkin was headed down by Kevin Mbuti which was flicked onto the crossbar by the lurking Henderson who was unlucky not to get on the score sheet. 

A minute later Hartlepool had their fourth, another scorcher from distance. Some bright play down the right side by Jenson opened up some space for the striker to hit an effort from 30 yards out that flew into the top right corner. 

Carberry had an opportunity to pull one back for Rovers as the referee allowed the Liverpudlian to take an early free kick but the midfielder put his effort wide of the left post. 

Rovers had the last chance of the game and it came through Parkin, the set piece specialist picked up a loose ball in Hartlepool's half, he ran through unchallenged before forcing goalkeeper Dawson into a fantastic one-on-one save to keep his clean sheet intact.

Full time: Hartlepool United U18s 4-0 Doncaster Rovers U18s

DRFC STARTING XI: Iveson, Greasley (Fielding 14'), Carberry, Williamson, Mbuti, Walker (Burdis 70'), Parkin, Linley, Gains (Henderson 58'), Barker, Longbottom 


HUFC STARTING XI: Dawson, Turnbull, Howes, Varga, Briggs, Hawkes (Wood 90'), Richardson, Elliot, Jensen, Travers, Blackford.

HUFC SUBS NOT USED: Catterick, Male, Cunningham, Fielding.

Jenson 57' (Hartlepool) - Yellow
Linley  75' (Doncaster) - Yellow

Advertisement block