Lifelong fan John wins £10,000 prize
Doncaster Rovers Alliance £10,000 winner John Turner encouraged others to invest in the future of the football club by signing up to the scheme.
A shell-shocked John, who has watched Rovers for nearly 60 years, was presented with a five-figure cheque at the recent home game against Hartlepool United in which academy graduate Liam Mandeville popped up with the winner – which was almost as much value!
He said: “I think the people in the stadium – the ones that know me – would see I was like a rabbit in the highlights when asked all I managed was ‘I’m quite pleased’.
“But now I’ve had chance to recover and think about it, it will allow me to do quite a lot of things. I intend to treat family and friends – I’m on a diet already because I’ve planned five meals with family. I’ve bought gifts for people I know and sit next to me.
“I joined the Alliance as soon as it started because it’s the way forward for lower league clubs - we’ve got to start producing our own talent. I joined initially not for any other reason but to give something back.
“The good thing is you get to see Liam Mandeville and others come through the ranks and now and again, you pick up a win: this is the third I’ve had in three months!”
Money raised by the draw is invested in the development of players in the Rovers Academy which has seen many players make the transition from youth to first team: including the current crop of Mandeville, Mitchell Lund, Will Longbottom, Reece Fielding and Harry Middleton.
Members of the Alliance receive regular benefits including a weekly draw where 10 members will win £10 and there is also a weekly rollover prize of £500 to be won.
The full benefits of joining the Rovers Alliance, which costs just £2.25 per week, are listed below:
• two free pairs of match tickets for two home games each season
• invitation to an exclusive Rovers event – such as first team players Q & A sessions
• five per cent season ticket rebate
• priority ticketing for in demand games
• 10 per cent discount on hospitality packages
• membership pack with official letter of acceptance and exclusive lottery numbers
• special one off draws for exclusive signed merchandise
• chance to win a press hospitality experience – spend a match day in the company of media officials and experience the match day commentary, access post match interviews, interview a player and write your own match day report for the club website
• chance to win a training ground experience – visit the training ground and enjoy a unique insight into the day to day life of a Rovers player, watch the players train before sitting down to lunch
• chance to win a VIP stadium tour – enjoy a look behind the scenes at the Keepmoat Stadium and view trophies and items of historic significance to the club
• chance to win a place in the official team photo and receive a signed copy
• chance to win an ultimate match day package – you and a guest can enjoy a home match in style which includes VIP parking, a three-course meal in one of the lounges and then you get to watch the match from the comfort of a padded seat in the directors seating area
• club mascot experience – a chance for your child or grandchild to be the club mascot for a home match. This even includes entry to the Legends Club with two accompanying adults for pre match hospitality and ground tour. (children between four and 12-years-old)
For more information regarding the Rovers Alliance, pick up a brochure from the Box Office, call 01302 764666, e-mail email@example.com or go to http://paymymembership.co.uk/rovers