Head of Performance Analysis – Doncaster Rovers Football Club
Club Doncaster is the brand that connects Doncaster’s elite sports teams and manages the delivery of events at Doncaster’s Keepmoat Stadium, associated Elite Performance Centre and Sports Village.
Club Doncaster are looking to recruit people with the desire to work within all areas of the company who demonstrate integrity, compassion, pride, honesty, and a desire to continuously improve themselves and those around them.
Doncaster Rovers Football Club are undergoing an exciting period on and off the field, and have begun the season in League One of the English Football League. A rare opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and motivated individual who will be working closely with the senior technical team to lead all aspects of the performance analysis work across the club.
Club Doncaster are looking for an innovative leader to lead the department, who will be able to successfully form positive, trusting, and respectful relationships with all key stakeholders from the outset of their employment. The variety of these stakeholders will vary from first-team management staff, to our new volunteers learning their trade.
The successful applicant will manage a small team of workers and volunteer staff delivering excellent elite performance analysis across all Doncaster Rovers teams from our academy to first team.
This role will be predominantly based at our Elite Performance Centre at Cantley Park, Doncaster, but will also involve attendance at the Keepmoat Stadium and all matchday away venues, as you will be the main analyst working with the senior men’s first-team.
Club Doncaster are looking for a person who is hard working, and committed to working within a team to grow the success of the football club on and off the field. All applicants should demonstrate relevant and current knowledge of the professional football leagues, and have previous work experience within a similar role.
Reporting directly to the senior management team, the head of performance analysis will lead on the development and management of the performance analysis function, ensuring that all teams receive high standard and structured information, to support gains in all areas of layer and team development.
You will be the primary point of contact for all football technology related queries, and be able to appropriately manage a small team of staff, planning and organising workloads, allocating duties, and working closely with the senior team management to deliver all related work requests, such as post-match debriefs, footage and statistics.
A significant part of the role will involve managing web based accounts and software suites, such as Hudl, Wyscout, and Chyron Hego to ensure that the players and management team have all appropriate recruitment and oppositional based information available to them as soon as needed.
Successful applicants, should be of graduate calibre and be able to demonstrate continual CPD /experience to ensure they have current knowledge of the technical and tactical aspects and trends in senior professional football.
It would be advantageous for applicants to have significant experience with sportscode and video editing software, such as iMovie, although the club will arrange this for exceptional applicants.
- Skills required
- Undergraduate degree in related subject.
- Previous experience of mentoring and managing performance staff.
- Previous experience of working within a senior football squad environment. delivering quality analytical information & presentations to aid team preparations.
- Flexible and adaptable to the working patterns of elite sports environments.
- Awareness of the elite sports culture.
- Experience or knowledge of the working of the sportscode and video editing software suite.
- Experience of multi-disciplinary team working
- Ability to manage conflicting and changing priorities
- Excellent communication skills
- Be able to work in a professional and responsible manner.
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the technical and tactical differences and similarities of professional football.
- Punctual and have an excellent record of attendance.
- Willing to learn and committed to achieving high standards within their work.
- Good leadership skills, and able to support wider team members to achieve goals.
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly to all levels of Club Doncaster staff.
- Able to travel independently to venues when required.
- Knowledge and experience of the EFL leagues.
- Maintain appropriate work related boundaries in relation to social media and confidentiality.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake further checks in relation to their identity and criminal disclosures, which will include appropriate checking through DBS.
Club Doncaster is an equal opportunities employer and is keen to hear from all persons who feel that this would be the right role for them regardless of age or gender.
If you would like to apply for the role, please submit your CV and cover letter to -
HR manager Kirsty Cavanagh at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to:
The closing date for applications is Friday August 24 2018, however Club Doncaster reserve the right to cease applications for this post at an earlier time.