Club Doncaster is the brand that connects Doncaster's elite sports teams and manages the delivery of events at Doncaster's Keepmoat Stadium, associated Elite Performance Centre and Sports Village.
We look to recruit people with the desire to work within all areas of Club Doncaster who demonstrate integrity, compassion, pride, honesty, and a desire to continuously improve themselves and those around them.
We are undergoing an exciting period on and off the field at Doncaster Rovers Football Club. We have just concluded further audits under the elite player performance plan, and have secured category three status for the maximum possible tenure. We have ambitions to progress our Academy to be the best in class in whatever we do.
A rare opportunity has arisen for an experienced and adaptable individual, who will be working closely with all areas of the professional development phase players and staff to support the work undertaken with our players aged 18-23.
We are looking for a person who is committed to working with our elite players to ensure that we are able to give them the best possible opportunities to grow as players on field, and positive role models off field.
The successful applicant will support the delivery of the full-time professional development programme. This will incorporate attending and coaching during matchday, training sessions, and other events involving the professional development teams.
Our new coach should be someone who is able to relate to the players they will be working with, and the journey they are undertaking. This could be through significant playing or coaching experience at an appropriate professional level previously.
This role will be predominantly based at our Elite Performance Centre at Cantley Park, Doncaster, but will also involve attendance at the Keepmoat Stadium and all match day away venues, as deemed appropriate. Please note that this is not a full-time post and on average, the role will require time dedicated to around 2/3 days per week.
The post will report to the Academy manager, but will also act as assistant and support, to the two full-time professional development phase coaches during matchdays.
You be a significant support to the professional development phase coaches and need to develop a strong, robust, working relationship with the technical staff, to create a mutually dependant environment where ideas and constructive feedback is paramount.
The role will require a person to have the ability to work effectively within an environment where we continually strive to improve players and coaches. The successful candidate will be required to plan deliver and evaluate sessions whilst ensuring that players and squads are aware of the playing philosophy and position framework.
Candidates will be required to evidence how they have taken personal responsibility to enhance their own experience and skills with additional learning and CPD opportunities in order for them to be up to date with current trends and developments across all of the football industry.
It would be advantageous for applicants to have significant experience within a full-time professional environment as a player or coach, and be able to correlate this to the journey of our young players entering apprenticeships and professional contracts.
- UEFA B coaching qualification. Please note that it would be advantageous for applicants to be working towards or completed UEFA A qualifications.
- Previous experience of mentoring and managing full-time football players.
- Previous experience of working within a senior football squad environment, delivering quality technical instruction and & support to aid team preparations.
- Flexible and adaptable to the working patterns of elite sports environments.
- Awareness of the elite sports culture.
- Experience or knowledge of the EPPP framework and PMA.
- Experience of multi disciplinary team working
- Ability to manage conflicting and changing priorities
- Excellent communication skills
- Be able to work in a professional and responsible manner.
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the Club Doncaster playing philosophy.
- Punctual and have an excellent record of attendance.
- Willing to learn and committed to achieving high standards within their work.
- Able to effectively support senior coaches, and work with the wider multidisciplinary team to achieve goals.
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly to all levels of Club Doncaster staff.
- Able to travel independently to venues when required.
- Knowledge and experience of the EFL leagues.
- Maintain appropriate work related boundaries in relation to social media and confidentiality.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake further checks in relation to their identity and criminal disclosures, which will include appropriate checking through DBS.
Club Doncaster is an equal opportunities employer and is keen to hear from all persons who feel that this would be the right role for them regardless of age or gender.
If you would like to apply for the role, please submit your CV and cover letter to
HR manager Kirsty Cavanagh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or write to:
The closing date for applications is Friday August 24 2018, although Club Doncaster reserve the right to cease applications for this post at an earlier time.