Club Doncaster is the brand that connects Doncaster’s elite sports teams and manages the delivery of events at Doncaster’s Keepmoat Stadium, and associated Elite Performance Centre and Sports Village.
We look to recruit people with the desire to work within all areas of Club Doncaster who demonstrate integrity, compassion, pride and honesty and a desire to continuously improve themselves and those around them.
We are looking for an innovative leader to manage the grounds department who are responsible for the management and maintenance of stadium and training ground pitches. They will manage a small team to achieve the highest possible standards on and off the pitch.
Applicants should be hard working, committed and have a keen interest in growing the Club Doncaster reputation and brand.
Reporting directly to the head of stadium operations, the head grounds person will lead on maintaining the stadium playing surface, and ensuring that all Club Doncaster related pitches are safe and of the best possible quality.
You will be the primary point of contact for all pitch related issues, and able to appropriately manage a small team of operatives, planning and organising workloads, allocating duties, monitoring performances and all related health and safety circumstances.
Successful applicants, should have demonstrable experience in a previous role within an elite sport premises, and experience with current surfaces including Desso and artificial surfaces. It would be desirable to have undertaken formal based qualifications within landscape and pitch maintenance.
• Experience in a supervisory capacity
• Previous experience within a similar role
• Experience in monitoring and managing departmental budgets
• Awareness of the elite sports culture
• Experience and PA1 / 2 / 6 qualifications
• Ability to manage conflicting and changing priorities
• Excellent communication skills
• Be able to work in a professional and responsible manner.
• Have excellent attention to detail.
• National Vocational Qualification in Sports Turf Management is preferred.
• Punctual and have an excellent record of attendance.
• Willing to learn and committed to achieving high standards within their work.
• Good leadership skills
Successful applicants may be required to undertake further checks in relation to their identity and criminal disclosures.
Club Doncaster is an equal opportunities employer and is keen to here from all persons who feel that this would be the right role for them regardless of age or gender.
If you would like to apply for the role please submit your CV and cover letter to HR manager Kirsty Cavanagh at firstname.lastname@example.org,
Or write to:
The closing date for applications is Friday March 2 2018, but Club Doncaster reserve the right to cease applications for this post at an earlier time.