Club Doncaster is the brand that connects Doncaster’s elite sports teams and manages the delivery of events at Doncaster’s Keepmoat Stadium, and associated Elite Performance Centre and Sports Village.
Club Doncaster are more than just a Football Club with the Keepmoat Stadium home to our Sports College, Sports Foundation, Impact Social Action Group, Concerts and a Rugby League Club.
The facility itself expands beyond match day. Club Doncaster are a hub for the community and multi-sports venue, we pride ourselves on working together across the Club Doncaster to engage and host our local teams and activities.
Club Doncaster are looking to recruit someone with the desire to work within all areas of Club Doncaster who demonstrate integrity, compassion, pride, honesty and a desire to continuously improve themselves and those around them.
Club Doncaster are currently looking for an exceptional candidate to join the business in the newly created role of business development manager, working across the Club Doncaster Business.
The appointed candidate will play a significant part in supporting the head of commercial deliver the sponsorship and commercial KPI’s across the business.
Applicants should be hard working, committed and have a keen interest in growing the Club Doncaster reputation and brand across all areas of work.
The business development manager will be responsible for delivering all appropriate sales and business-to-business related targets across the organisation, retaining current business and exploiting all new opportunities.
Successful applicants, should have demonstrable experience in sales, preferably within an elite sporting club or venue, and be able to grow the department to its fullest potential grasping new opportunities and maintaining excellent existing relationships.
- Experience of managing within a similar facility or demonstrable experience within an comparable venue / elite sporting environment.
- Experience in monitoring and managing departmental budgets
- Awareness of the elite sports culture.
- Ability to manage conflicting and changing priorities
- Excellent communication skills.
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrable evidence of exceeding sales targets consistently.
- Understanding and knowledge of the local and national business market in respect of sponsorship agreements.
- Be able to work in a professional and responsible manner when dealing with a variety of management levels and departments.
- Flexible in relation to working hours and event commitments.
- Punctual and have an excellent record of attendance.
- Willing to learn and committed to achieving high standards within their work.
- Good leadership skills.
- Flexible in their approach to working hours.
- Ability to manage and maintain excellent external and internal working relationships.
Successful applicants may be required to undertake further checks in relation to their identity and criminal disclosures.
Club Doncaster is an equal opportunities employer and is keen to hear from all persons who feel that this would be the right role for them regardless of age or gender.
If you would like to apply for the role please submit your CV and cover letter to
HR manager Kirsty Cavanagh at email@example.com
Or write to:
The closing date for applications is Friday 17th August 2018, however Club Doncaster reserve the right to cease applications for this post at an earlier time.