Doncaster Rovers have a vacancy for an education officer to work within our Category 3 Academy, working within the framework laid out by the Academy management team alongside the club and Academy philosophy.
We are looking for people with the desire to work within the Academy with integrity, compassion, pride and honesty with a desire to continuously improve themselves and those around them.
Applicants should be hard working, committed and accountable for the way they work with the players under their stewardship engaging with players entering the Academy system at the age of nine to supporting them on their journeys at the age of 18.
We take pride in the on and off field education of our Academy players, supporting them not only in elite football, but to become well rounded young men, and equipped with life skills and help them to reach their educational potential.
We have rare and an exciting opportunity for an education officer to grow and develop the strong foundations of our Academy Education programme.
The successful applicant will work across all of our phases to support and liaise with Schools, and our full time education programme for 16-18 year-olds. They will also lead on the delivery of life skills and parent's workshops across the phases ensuring that a full holistic educational support model is in place for each individual Academy player.
Successful applicants will be required to plan, record, review and implement the Academy education progrmme. They will also be asked to represent the Academy as the designated safeguarding and welfare officer, reporting into the head of safeguarding.
This post is a designated part time post, with the successful applicant requiring some level of flexibility to support the peaks and troughs of work in and around the traditional football season.
- Qualified teacher status
- Up to date knowledge of OFSTED requirements and apprenticeship reforms
- Experience of supporting conflicting education and elite performance within young people.
- Experience in the supervision of young learners within an apprenticeship environment.
- Experience within a comparable role in education / further education sector
- Ablility to build strong relationships with a wide range of age groups
- Good communication/listening skills
- Organisational skills
- IT literacy
- Flexible approach and good time management skills
- Familiar with the LFE and PMA protocols and Key performance indicators
- Experience of working within a sporting environment apprenticeship environment.
- Previous experience of Academy football
Understanding and previous working knowledge of the PMA system
Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out on the successful applicant prior to any offer of employment.
Club Doncaster is also committed to ensuring to the highest standards of safeguarding, we are an equal opportunities employer and is keen to here from all persons who feel that this would be the right role for them regardless of age or gender.
If you would like to apply for the role please submit your CV and cover letter to HR manager Kirsty Cavanagh at email@example.com or write to:
The closing date for applications is Tuesday July 30 2018.