Club Doncaster is the brand that connects Doncaster’s elite sports teams and manages the delivery of events at Doncaster’s Keepmoat Stadium, and associated Elite Performance Centre and Sports Village.
Club Doncaster is looking to recruit people with the desire to work within all areas of Club Doncaster who demonstrate integrity, compassion, pride and honesty and a desire to continuously improve themselves and those around them.
Club Doncaster Sports College is a part of the Club Doncaster organisation. The Sports College is one of the ways in which Club Doncaster helps to enhance lives through sport. This is a rare opportunity working within the team on a sessional basis, helping our students to develop and reach their potential within the core English and Maths Curriculum.
Club Doncaster is looking for one person with an English speciality and one person with a Maths background.
The successful applicants will be required to lead on the delivery and co-ordination of the English and Maths subjects forming part of students full time study programmes. This will include the planning, delivery and assessment of students ensuring that all students are able to reach their full potential.
These exciting positions look to expand and allow us to continue to deliver high quality teaching, supporting the continued growth of the college and its students, in line with them ensuring they have achieved qualifications in all areas of study.
The successful applicant should have experience within an education setting, ideally within a further education or alternative education provision and the delivery of GCSE English / Maths.
All applicants should ensure that they hold an appropriate teaching qualification eg (PGCE / PTTLS/CTTLS/DTTLS).
Main duties will include:
- Plan and deliver all aspects of the English or Maths programme to GCSE level helping students to resit and achieve appropriate grades
- Provide mentoring support and guidance to learners, including those with additional educational needs and/or emotional behavioural difficulties
- Ensuring all lessons, including the planning, preparation and assessment of, are delivered to the standard required by funding partners, internal and external verifiers and OFSTED
- Ensure that appropriate challenging student targets are effectively set and monitored
- To develop course materials, schemes of work, lesson plans etc. and make these available through the shared information system
- Systematically improve the quality of learning activities, ensuring that they meet quality standards and result in improving student success rates
- Keep up-to-date with qualification frameworks, subject specifications, assessment procedures within your subject area
- Communicate with key stakeholders such as schools/colleges and parents to ensure the smooth delivery of the programme.
- To work with colleagues throughout Club Doncaster to extend knowledge and skills in order to identify and develop best practice
- To keep accurate records to enable full completion of all monitoring and evaluation requirements of funding agencies
- Provide regular feedback to learners through meetings, feedback sheets and reports
Candidates should have a minimum of PTTLS/CTTLS/DTTLS and Assessor qualification.
Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out on the successful applicant prior to any offer of employment, in line with Club Doncaster’s Safeguarding culture and procedures.
Club Doncaster are also committed to ensuring to the highest standards of Safeguarding, we are an equal opportunities employer and is keen to here from all persons who feel that this would be the right role for them.
If you would like to apply for the role please submit your CV and cover letter to
Kirsty Cavanagh HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 10th August 2018