Job vacancy: sports lecturer
Club Doncaster is the brand that connects Doncaster’s elite sports teams and manages the delivery of events at Doncaster’s Keepmoat Stadium, and associated Elite Performance Centre and Sports Village.
We look to recruit people with the desire to work within all areas of Club Doncaster who demonstrate integrity, compassion, pride and honesty and a desire to continuously improve themselves and those around them.
Club Doncaster Sports College is a part of the Club Doncaster organisation. The College is one of the ways in which we help to enhance lives through sport. This is a rare opportunity working within the team for an exceptional individual to help inspire tomorrow’s generation to achieve their potential. We are currently recruiting for a Sports Lecturer specialising in BTEC and NVQ qualifications delivered at a Further and Higher Level Education.
This exciting position looks to expand and allow us to continue to deliver high quality teaching, supporting the continued growth of the college and its students. The successful candidate will take a key role on the delivery of full time study programmes and more specifically the Active IQ Level II Diploma in Active Leisure, Health & Fitness, and BTEC Sport programmes.
The successful applicant should have experience within an education setting, and ideally should have experience and knowledge of sports related curriculums, and the positive impact this can have on the Doncaster community.
Main duties will include:
· Recruit for, register and coordinate all aspects of the programme including IV/EV through to certification
· Provide mentoring support and guidance to learners, including those with additional educational needs and/or emotional behavioural difficulties
· Ensuring all lessons, including the planning, preparation and assessment of, are delivered to the standard required by funding partners, internal and external verifiers and OFSTED
· Ensure that appropriate challenging student targets are effectively set and monitored
· To develop course materials, schemes of work, lesson plans etc. and make these available through the shared information system
· Systematically improve the quality of learning activities, ensuring that they meet quality standards and result in improving student success rates
· Keep up-to-date with qualification frameworks, subject specifications, assessment procedures within your subject area
· Communicate with key stakeholders such as schools/colleges and parents to ensure the smooth delivery of the programme.
· Deliver and teach the Active IQ Level 2 Diploma in Active Leisure and the Active IQ L2 Diploma in Health & Fitness and be able to deliver BTEC Sport L3
- Provide regular feedback to learners through meetings, feedback sheets and reports
· To work closely with partnership organisations, including funding agencies, to maintain good relationships and collaborative working practices
· To work with colleagues throughout Club Doncaster to extend knowledge and skills in order to identify and develop best practice
· To keep accurate records to enable full completion of all monitoring and evaluation requirements of funding agencies
· To encourage participants/students longer term engagement & participation in activities through identifying progression routes and linking with partner agencies
Candidates should have a minimum of PTTLS/CTTLS/DTTLS and Assessor qualification.
Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out on the successful applicant prior to any offer of employment, in line with Club Doncaster’s Safeguarding culture and procedures.
Club Doncaster is also committed to ensuring to the highest standards of Safeguarding, we are an equal opportunities employer and is keen to here from all persons who feel that this would be the right role for them.
If you would like to apply for the role please submit your CV and cover letter to:
Kirsty Cavanagh HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 21st June 2018