Head of academy physiotherapy – Doncaster Rovers Football Club
Reporting directly to academy manager and head physiotherapist, the head of academy physiotherapy will lead on the development and management of the academy medical services function, and ensuring that all registered academy players receive an excellent standard of care to prevent and manage injuries.
You will be the primary point of contact for all academy related queries, and be able to appropriately manage a small team of staff, planning and organising workloads, allocating duties, and working closely with the sports science team to deliver all aspects of individualised plans.
Successful applicants, should have a BSC degree in Physiotherapy and be registered as a HCPC / CSP Chartered Physiotherapist.
It would be advantageous for applicants to have already completed the IFAS / AREA medical courses, although the club will arrange this for exceptional applicants.
- Chartered Physiotherapist registration
- Experience in a supervisory capacity
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Flexible and adaptable to the working patterns of an elite sports environment
- Awareness of the elite sports culture
- Ideally experience of working within an elite athlete setting
- Experience or knowledge of the working of the PMA recording system.
- Experience of multi disciplinary team working
- Ability to manage conflicting and changing priorities
- Excellent communication skills
- Be able to work in a professional and responsible manner.
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of working with children and young people within an elite sports environment.
- Punctual and have an excellent record of attendance.
- Willing to learn and committed to achieving high standards within their work.
- Good leadership skills
- Able to communicate effectively with young people and their parents in sometimes challenging circumstances.
- Able to travel independently to venues when required.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake further checks in relation to their identity and criminal disclosures.
Club Doncaster is an equal opportunities employer and is keen to here from all persons who feel that this would be the right role for them regardless of age or gender.
If you would like to apply for the role please submit your CV and cover letter to
HR manager Kirsty Cavanagh at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to:
The closing date for applications is Friday 10th May 2018, however Club Doncaster reserve the right to cease applications for this post at an earlier time.