Club Doncaster is the brand that connects Doncaster’s elite sports teams. We also manage the delivery of events at Doncaster’s Keepmoat Stadium, and associated Elite Performance Centre, Sports Village, Foundation, Sports College, and Impact Programmes.
We are more than just a sports club, we use every day as a chance to improve people’s lives, using sport as an engagement tool.
We look to recruit people with the desire to work within all areas of Club Doncaster who demonstrate integrity, compassion, pride and honesty and a desire to continuously improve themselves and those around them.
Impact Doncaster is a key part of the Club Doncaster organisation.
Through the National Citizen Service (NCS), and other funded essential life skills and development programmes, Impact is one of the main ways in which we engage and enhance lives through all manner of activities.
From working within schools to delivering employability and outbound activity programmes to young adults no day or month is ever the same within the department.
A rare opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic individual to join the team and lead on the engagement of persons on our programmes.
Whilst this will vary in respect of the programme brief, the majority of the work for this role will be around the NCS programme, engaging our varied communities.
The successful applicant will be required to lead on the engagement of organisations and groups across Doncaster, and help to ensure that our project outcomes are effectively monitored.
This will include the collation of data for our funding partners, such as the EFL Trust and Premier League, and working with the recruitment and social media leads to ensure that we plan, deliver and evaluate projects such as NCS effectively.
This exciting position allows us to develop our high quality projects across Doncaster, and support the continued growth of Impact, and in turn, outcomes for participants, and Doncaster as a community.
The successful applicant ideally should have previous knowledge and experience of working within a community and youth group setting, and experience of engaging individuals, groups and organisations as to the benefit of life skill projects for young people.
All applicants should be comfortable liaising with a wide variety of audiences, and able to liaise with a wide variety of partners to meet expectations.
Main duties will include:
- Supporting the programme manager and other project staff to plan, develop, and review life skill projects, including NCS.
- Co-ordinating internal monitoring systems, ensuring the consistent engagement of new and existing organisations across Doncaster.
- Contributing to the delivery of specific projects, such as NCS, to create life long memories and skills for participants.
- Support the programmes manager to mentor and guide temporary and sessional staff on project.
- To work closely with partnership organisations, to maintain good relationships and collaborative working practices.
- To work with colleagues throughout Club Doncaster to extend knowledge and skills in order to identify and develop best practice.
- Dealing with enquiries and general day-to-day liaison with customers, colleagues and partners.
Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out on the successful applicant prior to any offer of employment, in line with Club Doncaster’s Safeguarding culture and procedures.
Club Doncaster is also committed to ensuring to the highest standards of Safeguarding, we are an equal opportunities employer and is keen to here from all persons who feel that this would be the right role for them.
If you would like to apply for the role please submit a CV, and cover letter as to why you feel you fully meet the criteria to:
Kirsty Cavanagh HR Manager via email