Club Doncaster is the brand that connects Doncaster’s elite sports teams We also manage the delivery of events at Doncaster’s Keepmoat Stadium, and associated Elite Performance Centre, Sports Village, Foundation, Sports College, and Impact Programmes.
We are more than just a sports club, we use every day as a chance to improve people’s lives, through all levels of elite sport and community engagement and education.
We are proud at Club Doncaster to ensure that we always seek to be best in class at every area of the organisation on a daily basis.
By recruiting people who demonstrate integrity, compassion, pride, honesty and a desire to continuously improve themselves and those around them, we can make sure that we are always moving forward and making a difference in all levels of our work.
We are currently looking to recruit a person within the role of equipment assistant.
The successful applicant will support the training ground and professional teams across Club Doncaster with the preparation of the equipment needed during training sessions and matches.
On a day-to-day basis the role will include being the initial contact for the teams requirements at our training ground facility, and ensuring that training ground equipment and kit is replicated and available for home and away travel.
The successful applicant should have previous experience of matchday equipment duties, and have an understanding of the importance of the rules and regulations and equipment needed to run a smooth matchday experience for players before, during and after games in relation to kit and equipment needs.
The core hours for this post, will be in line with the schedule of the professional players at Doncaster Rovers Football Club. This will include extensive weekend work, and time spent away from home to attend fixtures.
The successful person will have an excellent eye for detail, be adaptable, able to receive instruction from a wide range of stakeholders, and forthcoming in ideas to assist in the prevention of problems.
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will need to have a full driving licence, and be comfortable in using a pool vehicle during allocated work time.
The posts main duties will include:
- To manage the senior teams requirements, ensuring that all day to day duties are completed.
- To deal with the first-team management and staff's clothing requirements, attending daily staff scheduling meeting to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of operations.
- To organise the distribution of players items. This will involve communicating with the first team management team and preparing a strategy for this task to be completed efficiently.
- To be responsible for stock levels, such as clothing, supplements, apparel and sundries; this will include regular stock checks.
- Ensuring that the training ground and associated work areas are clean, neat, tidy and organised. This will include occasional sweeping and general tidying of the kit and bootrooms.
Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out on the successful applicant prior to any offer of employment, in line with Club Doncaster’s safeguarding culture and procedures.
Club Doncaster is also committed to ensuring to the highest standards of safeguarding, we are an equal opportunities employer and is keen to hear from all persons who feel that this would be the right role for them.
If you would like to apply for the role please submit a full CV, and covering letter demonstrating clearly your experience in line with the person specification to HR manager Kirsty Cavanagh at
Or via postal application to