Head of Academy recruitment (Part time) – Doncaster Rovers Football Club
Club Doncaster is the brand that connects Doncaster’s elite sports teams and manages the delivery of events at Doncaster’s Keepmoat Stadium, associated Elite Performance Centre and Sports Village.
We look to recruit people with the desire to work within all areas of Club Doncaster who demonstrate integrity, compassion, pride, honesty, and a desire to continuously improve themselves and those around them.
We are undergoing an exciting period on and off the field at Doncaster Rovers Football Club. We have just concluded further audits under the elite player performance plan, and have secured category 3 status for the maximum possible tenure. We have ambitions to progress our Academy to be the best in class in whatever we do.
A new opportunity has arisen for an experienced and knowledgeable individual, to lead on the recruitment of players into Doncaster Rovers Academy.
The role will work closely with all age groups from the entrance of our players at U9 level to our U23 development squads.
We are looking for a person who is committed to identifying local and national talent with the ultimate aim of those players being a key part of our academy and first team. We are looking for a person passionate to develop key relationships formed with all areas of Club Doncaster, schools, counties and international associations.
The successful applicant will grow and develop the academy scouting function by using existing, and new, networks within the game. Applicants should have previous experience in recruiting young elite players within the professional game, and have an understanding of the principles of Club Doncaster.
The role will involve working across selected parts of the day, however, the majority of time spent during the evening and weekends at junior games, and other events involving development teams. The successful applicant should be someone who is able to understand and recruit players from all backgrounds, and understand the start of the journey with Club they are undertaking.
Please note that this is not a full time post and on average, the role will require time dedicated to around 2/3 days per week.
The post will report to the Academy Manager, and will be responsible for the recruitment and performance of the academy recruitment network.
You will need to develop a strong, robust, working relationship with your team, to create a mutually dependant environment where ideas and constructive feedback is paramount.
The role will require a person to have the ability to work effectively within an environment where we continually strive to improve players, the Club Doncaster and Doncaster Rovers brand.
Candidates will be required to evidence how they have taken personal responsibility to enhance their contacts within the industry, and their ability to recruit and retain players within a competitive area of the country. In addition, they should also be able to evidence additional learning and CPD opportunities in order for them to be up to date with current trends and developments across all of the football industry.
It would be advantageous for applicants to have significant experience within a full time professional environment within a similar role.
* FA Talent Identification qualifications.
* Previous experience of mentoring and managing full time football players.
* Previous experience of working within a recruitment role within a professional environment.
* Flexible and adaptable to the working patterns of elite sports environments.
* Awareness of the elite sports culture.
* Experience or knowledge of the EPPP framework and PMA.
* Experience of multi-disciplinary team working.
* Ability to manage conflicting and changing priorities.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Be able to work in a professional and responsible manner.
* Have excellent attention to detail.
* Knowledge of the Club Doncaster playing philosophy.
* Punctual and have an excellent record of attendance.
* Willing to learn and committed to achieving high standards within their work.
* Ability to communicate effectively and clearly to all levels of Club Doncaster staff.
* Able to travel independently to venues when required.
* Knowledge and experience of the local football landscape.
* Flexible in working hours
* Maintain appropriate work related boundaries in relation to social media and confidentiality.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake further checks in relation to their identity and criminal disclosures, which will include appropriate checking through DBS.
Club Doncaster is an equal opportunities employer and is keen to here from all persons who feel that this would be the right role for them regardless of age or gender.
If you would like to apply for the role, please submit your CV and cover letter to HR manager Kirsty Cavanagh at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to: Kirsty Cavanagh Keepmoat Stadium Stadium Way Doncaster DN4 5JW
The closing date for applications is Friday September 22 2018, however Club Doncaster reserve the right to cease applications for this post at an earlier time.