Doncaster Rovers Football Club are seeking to appoint a Supporter liaison officer (SLO) for the club in a voluntary capacity.
Joining an already established team the SLO will be to act as a point of contact for supporters, but also to help deliver the club’s policy with regards to its stakeholders in so far as that policy concerns supporters; and to liaise with the club’s management in relation to supporter issues working as an effective bridge between the club and supporters.
The department, where appropriate works with a wide range of stakeholders, and establish key relationships with all SLO departments across the EFL.
The individual must be at least 18 years old and will be required to attend all home and away matches and be approachable to any supporters who have concerns, ideas or feedback for the Club.
The SLO standard definition in the UEFA Supporter Liaison Officer Handbook consists of five areas of responsibility.
- To be a bridge and improve communication between the fans and the club.
- To rely on information and credibility from both sides.
- To inform supporters of club decisions and communicate the fan point of view to the club.
- To build relations with fan groups and initiatives as well as with police and security.
- To stay in touch with SLOs of club opponents.
All SLO roles are subject to enhanced DBS and volunteer agreements and this must be signed prior to commencement of the role. All appropriate out of pocket expenses are claimable when undertaking this role.
If you feel that you have the attributes to make a real difference and on a regular basis and follow the team on their travels, please email: email@example.com Please include any details of the skills and attributes that you feel are relevant for the role.