Club Doncaster is the brand that connects Doncaster’s elite sports teams and manages the delivery of events at Doncaster’s Keepmoat Stadium, associated Elite Performance Centre and Sports Village.
We look to recruit people with the desire to work within all areas of Club Doncaster who demonstrate integrity, compassion, pride, honesty, and a desire to continuously improve themselves and those around them.
We are undergoing an exciting period on and off the field at Doncaster Rovers Football Club. We have just concluded further audits under the elite player performance plan, and have secured category three status for the maximum possible tenure. We have ambitions to progress our Academy to be the best in class in whatever we do.
A new opportunity has arisen for an experienced and knowledgeable individual, to lead on the development of the academy coaching programme across all age groups.
The head of coaching will assist the Academy manager in establishing a sustainable system and approach to coach development within the Academy. To develop coaches, enabling them to improve and perform to the best of their ability from which they can consequently be able to maximise the potential of the players across the Academy. The role will be responsible for implementing a coaching syllabus, that is phase specific, in line with the football club's philosophy, culture and values.
The role will work closely with all age groups from the entrance of our players at U9 level to our U23 development squads, therefore the successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the varying learning cycles and requirements of the key phases of player development.
We are looking for a person who is committed to supporting all age group coaches work with local and national talent with the ultimate aim of those players being a key part of our academy and first team. We are looking for a person passionate to develop key relationships formed with all areas of Club Doncaster, within the academy, and wider partnerships so we can ultimately ensure our players receive the best advice, guidance and technical support we possibly can.
The successful applicant will grow and develop our coaching and technical functions by using existing, and new, networks within the game. Applicants should have previous experience in managing staff within an elite sports environment, working with players within the professional game setting, and have an understanding of the principles of Club Doncaster.
The role will involve working across selected parts of the day, however the majority of work may be spent during the evening and weekends.
- To assist the Academy manager in all aspects of the day-to-day running of the Academy
- Line management and oversight of coaching personnel for each phase.
- Contribute, develop and review the Academy Performance Plan (APP) regarding the coaching programme annually to ensure its effectiveness in achieving the desired outcomes
- Contribute to Academy management team and technical board meetings with written reports and minutes of all multidisciplinary meetings
- Co-ordinate the activity of all coaches to ensure sessions and matches are adequately covered, in line with EFL ratio guidelines
- Implement and review the coaching curriculum/syllabus throughout all phases in line with the football club's philosophy, culture and values, to enable delivery of relative coaching sessions for player and staff development
- Manage the Academy's season-long CPD schedule and provide extra CPD to suit a coach's individual development plan
- Create additional support and coaching programme for gifted and talented players identified by the Academy
- Plan and implement all aspects of Academy administration in relation to PMA coach session plans and player and staff review process
- Take responsibility to effectively communicate the desired periodisation of coaching blocks, weekly theme and the week's coaching and match objectives for the period with future session plans to all FT and PT coaching staff
- Develop a practice culture, grit and growth mindset in all Academy players
- Ensure periodic player reviews, in line with the EPPP guidelines, are met and ensure the quality of player reviews meet the required standards reported accurately to reflect comprehensive feedback for both player and parents
The role will require a person to have the ability to work effectively within an environment where we continually strive to improve players, the Club Doncaster and Doncaster Rovers brand.
Candidates will be required to evidence how they have taken personal responsibility to enhance their contacts within the industry, and their ability to recruit and retain players within a competitive area of the country. In addition, they should also be able to evidence additional learning and CPD opportunities in order for them to be up to date with current trends and developments across all of the football industry.
It would be advantageous for applicants to have significant experience within a full time professional environment within a similar role.
- UEFA A licence qualification.
- Previous experience of mentoring and managing staff & players within a full time academy environment.
- Previous experience of working within a mentoring / management role within a professional environment.
- Flexible and adaptable to the working patterns of elite sports environments.
- Awareness of the elite sports culture.
- Experience or knowledge of the EPPP framework and PMA.
- Experience of multi-disciplinary team working.
- Ability to manage conflicting and changing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Be able to work in a professional and responsible manner.
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the Club Doncaster playing philosophy.
- Punctual and have an excellent record of attendance.
- Willing to learn and committed to achieving high standards within their work.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly to all levels of Club Doncaster staff.
- Able to travel independently to venues when required.
- Knowledge and experience of the local football landscape.
- Flexible in working hours
- Maintain appropriate work related boundaries in relation to social media and confidentiality.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake further checks in relation to their identity and criminal disclosures, which will include appropriate checking through DBS.
Club Doncaster is an equal opportunities employer and is keen to hear from all persons who feel that this would be the right role for them regardless of age or gender.
If you would like to apply for the role, please submit your CV and cover letter to HR manager Kirsty Cavanagh at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: Kirsty Cavanagh, Keepmoat Stadium, Stadium Way, Doncaster , DN4 5JW by Monday January 21 2019