Club Doncaster, based at the Keepmoat Stadium, home to Doncaster Rovers FC and Doncaster Rugby League FC, are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and hardworking apprentice groundsperson.
Their role will be to help prepare and maintain the playing surfaces and landscaped areas at the stadium and training ground facility.
Reporting directly to the head groundsperson, the candidate should have keen attention to detail, and be willing to learn all aspects of pitch maintenance.
We are looking for people with the desire to work within all areas of Club Doncaster who demonstrate integrity, compassion, pride and honesty and a desire to continuously improve themselves and those around them.
Applicants should be hard working, committed and have a keen interest in developing their career within this area.
We have an exciting opportunity for an apprentice grounds person to learn and develop in all areas of pitch and grounds maintenance through on the job training and studying for a work based qualification. The role will be based at the Keepmoat Stadium.
Successful applicants will be required to support and work together with the small but hard working team to maintain excellence in our pitches around all sites.
- Be willing and capable of carrying out medium to heavy manual work tasks in all weather conditions.
- Enjoy working outdoors.
- Be able to follow instruction, in particular for personal safety and the safety of others in the use of machinery and equipment.
- Enjoy working in a team but also on you own initiative.
- Be able to work in a professional and responsible manner.
- Enjoy learning and developing within a horticulture environment
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Punctual and have an excellent record of attendance.
- Willing to learn and committed to achieving high standards within their work.
- Applicants should show a genuine interest in horticulture & pitch maintenance
- 5 GCSEs, or equivalent, grades C and above would be desirable.
- A keen interest in progressing a specific grounds maintenance career.
If you would like to apply for the role please submit your CV and cover letter to
HR manager Kirsty Cavanagh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Club Doncaster are an equal opportunities employer and are keen to here from all persons who feel that this would be the right role for them regardless of age or gender.
Or write to:
The closing date for applications is Wednesday January 30 2019.