Club Doncaster is the brand that connects Doncaster’s elite sports teams and manages the delivery of events at Doncaster’s Keepmoat Stadium, and associated Elite Performance Centre and Sports Village.
The facility itself expands beyond matchday. We are a hub for the community and multi-sports venue, we pride ourselves on working together across Club Doncaster to engage and host our local teams and activities.
We look to recruit people with the desire to work within all areas of Club Doncaster who demonstrate integrity, compassion, pride and honesty and a desire to continuously improve themselves and those around them.
We are looking for a passionate person to assist with the running of and day-to-day management of the Sports Village forming part of the CDA facilities.
Applicants should be hard working, committed and have a keen interest in growing the Club Doncaster reputation and brand across all sports and the local community.
The assistant manager will support the centre manager in facility management, operational tasks, and development of the pitch and activity usage of the facility.
The role will incorporate both front line work and supervision of staff on a duty rota. The assistant manager will lead a small team of front customer facing workers.
The successful applicant will be required to manage and mentor the staff to demonstrate excellent customer service and maintain all areas of the Sports Village and its execution to the highest standard of service at all times. In addition there is an expectation within the role for the person to take pride and initiative in securing new bookings and initiatives to the centre.
Successful applicants should have experience in sport development, duty/operational management, mentoring members of staff, and have a vision to continue to grow the facility grasping new opportunities and maintaining excellent existing relationships.
- Experience of working within a similar facility or demonstrable experience within an elite sporting environment.
- Experience in health & safety and operational procedures
- Supervisory / Mentor experience
- Awareness of the elite sports culture
- Ability to manage conflicting and changing priorities
- Excellent communication skills
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Awareness or NGB Level I / II Qualifications would be advantageous.
- Experience in sports development processes
- Be able to work in a professional and responsible manner when dealing with a variety of Management levels and departments.
- Punctual and have an excellent record of attendance.
- Willing to learn and committed to achieving high standards within their work.
- Flexible in their approach to working hours via a duty system in line with the business hours of 08:00-22:00
- Ability to manage and maintain excellent external and internal working relationships
Successful applicants may be required to undertake further checks in relation to their identity and criminal disclosures.
Club Doncaster is an equal opportunities employer and is keen to hear from all persons who feel that this would be the right role for them regardless of age or gender.
If you would like to apply for the role please submit your CV and cover letter to
HR manager Kirsty Cavanagh at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to:
The closing date for applications is Monday July 1 2019, however Club Doncaster reserve the right to cease applications for this post at an earlier time.