Club Doncaster is the brand that connects Doncaster’s elite sports teams and manages the delivery of events at Doncaster’s Keepmoat Stadium, associated Elite Performance Centre and Sports Village.
We look to recruit people with the desire to work within all areas of Club Doncaster who demonstrate integrity, compassion, pride, honesty, and a desire to continuously improve themselves and those around them.
We are undergoing an exciting period on and off the field at Club Doncaster, and are proud to formally welcome Doncaster Rovers Belles to the Club Doncaster family. A new opportunity has arisen for an experienced and knowledgeable individual, to lead from the start of this exciting project, linking in with our Club Doncaster values to instil civic pride in Doncaster as a place and community.
The role will work closely with the entire Doncaster Belles infrastructure from the junior RTC age groups to open age team, and Club Doncaster chief executive.
We are looking for a person who is committed to leading by example in all aspects of football and business operations, with the ultimate aim of managing the club to positive achievements, and a key part of the Club Doncaster family We are looking for a person passionate to develop key relationships formed with all areas of the club and Club Doncaster family.
The role will involve working across selected parts of the day, however, the majority of time spent during the evening and weekends during key football activity time. The successful applicant should be someone who has significant knowledge of the local and elite football landscape, and the developing face of the female football industry.
Please note this is a full time post.
The post will report to the Club Doncaster chief executive, and Doncaster Belles board of directors, and will be responsible for the overall day to day management and operations of the Doncaster Belles brand.
You will need to develop a strong, robust, working relationship with your team, to create a mutually dependant environment where ideas and constructive feedback is paramount.
The role will require a person to have the ability to work effectively within an environment where we continually strive to improve the Club Doncaster and Doncaster Belles brand.
Candidates will be required to evidence how they have taken personal responsibility to enhance their contacts within the industry, and their ability to recruit and retain players within a competitive area of the country. In addition, they should also be able to evidence additional learning and CPD opportunities in order for them to be up to date with current trends and developments across all of the football industry, and women’s leagues locally and nationally.
It would be advantageous for applicants to have significant experience within a full time professional environment within a similar role.
- Previous experience within a football organisation and operations role
- Previous experience of mentoring and managing football players.
- Previous experience of working within a supervisory and management roles within a professional environment.
- Flexible and adaptable to the working patterns of elite sports environments.
- Awareness of the elite sports culture.
- Experience or knowledge of the FA women’s leagues .
- Experience of multi-disciplinary team working.
- Ability to manage conflicting and changing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Be able to work in a professional and responsible manner.
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Knowledge of technical playing philosophies.
- Punctual and have an excellent record of attendance.
- Willing to learn and committed to achieving high standards within their work.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly to all levels of Club Doncaster staff.
- Able to influence on a local and national level
- Knowledge and experience of the local football landscape.
- Flexible in working hours
- Maintain appropriate work related boundaries in relation to social media and confidentiality.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake further checks in relation to their identity and criminal disclosures, which will include appropriate checking through DBS.
Club Doncaster is an equal opportunities employer and is keen to hear from all persons who feel that this would be the right role for them regardless of age or gender.
If you would like to apply for the role, please submit your CV and cover letter to HR manager Kirsty Cavanagh at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to:
The closing date for applications is 12noon on Monday April 8, but Club Doncaster reserve the right to cease applications for this post at an earlier time. To see a full job description click here.