Club Doncaster is the brand that connects Doncaster’s elite sports teams and manages the delivery of events at Doncaster’s Keepmoat Stadium, associated Elite Performance Centre and Sports Village.
We look to recruit people with the desire to work within all areas of Club Doncaster who demonstrate integrity, compassion, pride, honesty, and a desire to continuously improve themselves and those around them.
A new opportunity has arisen for an experienced, ongoing, and friendly individual, to undertake all related administration and match duties for our Rugby League Club, in addition to presenting as the face of Club Doncaster as a receptionist. The role will be full-time and is an excellent opportunity to grow and learn all aspects of administration within a unique elite sports environment.
On a day-to-day basis, the successful applicant will assist the chief executive of Doncaster Rugby League Club, on a day-to-day basis with all match day and club related administration, the role is based on one of our main receptions and will balance reception / meet & greet during weekdays. The role will be responsible for implementing a smooth matchday operations process during the rugby league season, and this will incorporate working matchdays over the course of some weekends.
The role will work closely across a number of internal departments and external departments in relation to rugby league operations, and ensure that all of our visitors receive the warmest welcome to our stadium when they arrive for the wide and ranging activities we hold at the stadium.
We are looking for a person who has experience within a similar role, and is able to support with the taking of minutes across the Club Doncaster group, and understands our high levels of customer care and positive interaction we have with all people who want to enter our stadium.
- To be based on one of the main receptions within the stadium and ensure that all guests are greeted and directed appropriately.
- To assist Doncaster Rugby League Club staff in all aspects of the day-to-day running of the club.
- Contribute, develop and review the administration function of match day, acting as the initial point of contact for guests, visitors, and opposition teams.
- Contribute to Club Doncaster meetings, taking minutes where appropriate.
- Assist with associated Rugby League events as appropriate.
- Assist with supporter and external queries for the Rugby League Club and wider Club Doncaster group.
- Be a point of contact for the matchday manager’s including the reconciliation of cash and sales figures.
The role will require a person to have the ability to work effectively within an environment where customer care and service is our priority.
- Previous experience of working within an administration role.
- Previous experience of a role that has required high levels of customer care.
- Flexible and adaptable to the working patterns of elite sports environments.
- Awareness of the elite sports culture.
- Experience of multi-disciplinary team working.
- Ability to manage conflicting and changing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Be able to work in a professional and responsible manner.
- Knowledge of the Club Doncaster and the positive impact the group has on the local community.
- Punctual and have an excellent record of attendance.
- Willing to learn and committed to achieving high standards within their work.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly to all levels of Club Doncaster staff.
- Flexible in working hours.
- Maintain appropriate work related boundaries in relation to confidentiality.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake further checks in relation to their identity and criminal disclosures, which will include appropriate checking through DBS.
Club Doncaster is an equal opportunities employer and are keen to hear from all persons who feel that this would be the right role for them regardless of age or gender.
If you would like to apply for the role, please submit your CV and cover letter to
HR manager Kirsty Cavanagh at email@example.com
Or write to:
Closing date: March 7 2019