Club Doncaster is the brand that connects Doncaster’s elite sports teams, the company also manage the delivery of events at Doncaster’s Keepmoat Stadium, and associated Elite Performance Centre, Sports Park, Foundation, Sports College, and Impact Programmes.
Club Doncaster is more than just a sports club and the company aim to improve people’s lives, through all levels of elite sport, community engagement, and education every day.
We are proud at Club Doncaster to ensure we always strive to lead the field in every area of the organisation. By recruiting people who demonstrate integrity, compassion, pride, honesty, and a desire to continuously improve themselves and those around them, we can make sure that we are always moving forward and making a difference in all levels of our work.
An opportunity has arisen for a knowledgeable individual, to work alongside the Head of Analysis and take a lead on the day to day aspects of performance analysis across the younger age groups. The successful applicant will have a main focus on players aged 9-23, but will also have the opportunity to assist with first team tasks when needed.
The role will work closely with all age groups from the entrance of our players at pre academy, U9 level to our U12 squads, therefore the successful candidate should be able to demonstrate experience within a similar role / department at elite sports level.
We are looking for a person who is committed to supporting and developing players with the ultimate aim of those players being a key part of our academy and first team. We are looking for a person passionate to develop key relationships formed with all areas of Club Doncaster, within the academy, and wider partnerships so we can ultimately ensure our players receive the best advice, guidance and technical support we possibly can.
The successful applicant will grow and develop our technical functions by using existing, and new, networks within the game, and producing learning material for players, parents, and staff members. The role will involve working across selected parts of the day, however the majority of work may be spent during the evening and weekends.
Sitting as a part of the Academy Management team, the head of academy performance analysis will lead on the development of the academy performance analysis function, ensuring that all teams receive high standard and structured information, to support gains in all areas of layer and team development.
You will be the primary point of contact for all football technology related queries, within the academy, and will be tasked with innovating and growing the workforce, and working closely with the senior team management to deliver all related work requests, such as post-match debriefs, footage and statistics.
A significant part of the role will involve managing web based accounts and software suites, such as Hudl, Wyscout, Chyron Hego, and PMA to ensure that the players and management team have all appropriate information available to them as soon as needed.
Successful applicants, should be of graduate calibre and be able to demonstrate continual CPD /experience to ensure they have current knowledge of the technical and tactical aspects and trends in senior professional football.
It would be advantageous for applicants to have significant experience with sportscode and video editing software, such as iMovie, although the club will arrange this for exceptional applicants.
- Undergraduate degree in related subject.
- Previous experience of working within a football squad environment, delivering quality analytical information and presentations to aid team preparations.
- Flexible and adaptable to the working patterns of elite sports environments.
- Awareness of the elite sports culture.
- Experience or knowledge of the working of the sportscode and video editing software suite.
- Experience of multi-disciplinary team working
- Ability to manage conflicting and changing priorities
- Excellent communication skills
- Be able to work in a professional and responsible manner.
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the technical and tactical differences and similarities of professional football.
- Punctual and have an excellent record of attendance.
- Willing to learn and committed to achieving high standards within their work.
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly at all levels of Club Doncaster staff.
- Able to travel independently to venues when required.
- Coaching experience / qualifications
- Maintain appropriate work related boundaries in relation to social media and confidentiality.
Club Doncaster recognises that the safety and protection of those children and young people in day to day contact with the club is paramount. The company is committed to creating a safe culture for all.
Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out on the successful applicant prior to any offer of employment in line with Club Doncaster’s safeguarding culture and procedures.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are keen to hear from all persons who feel that this would be the right role for them.
If you would like to apply for the role in the first instance please submit your CV and cover letter to:
Kirsty Cavanagh – head of people and culture
Closing Date Tuesday October 1 2019