Club Doncaster is the brand that connects Doncaster’s elite sports teams, the company also manage the delivery of events at Doncaster’s Keepmoat Stadium, and associated Elite Performance Centre, Sports Park, Club Doncaster Foundation, Club Doncaster Sports College, and Impact Programmes.
Club Doncaster is more than just a sports club and the company aim to improve people’s lives, through all levels of elite sport, community engagement, and education every day.
We are proud at Club Doncaster to ensure we always strive to lead the field in every area of the organisation. By recruiting people who demonstrate integrity, compassion, pride, honesty, and a desire to continuously improve themselves and those around them, we can make sure that we are always moving forward and making a difference in all levels of our work.
A new opportunity has arisen for an experienced and knowledgeable individual, to lead on the development of the foundation phase within our academy, focusing specifically on player development of boys age 9-12.
The head of Foundation Phase will assist the head of coaching and Academy manager in establishing a sustainable system and approach to player development within the Academy. They will provide initial line management to develop part-time coaches, enabling them to improve and perform to the best of their ability from which they can consequently be able to maximise the potential of the players across the Academy. The role will be responsible for the delivery and implementation of the club coaching syllabus, in line with the Football Club’s philosophy, culture and values.
The role will work closely with all age groups from the entrance of our players at pre-academy, U9 level to our U12 squads, therefore the successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the varying learning cycles and requirements of the key phases of player development.
We are looking for a person who is committed to supporting and developing players with the ultimate aim of those players becoming a key part of Doncaster Rovers academy and first team. We are looking for a person passionate to develop key relationships formed with all areas of Club Doncaster, within the Academy, and wider partnerships so we can ensure our players receive the best advice, guidance and technical support possible.
The successful applicant will grow and develop our coaching and technical functions by using existing and new networks within the game and developing the games programme at the Foundation Phase. Applicants should have previous experience in mentoring staff within an elite sports environment, working with players within the professional game setting, and have an understanding of the principles of Club Doncaster.
The role will involve working across selected parts of the day, however, the majority of work may be spent during the evening and weekends.
- To assist the head of coaching, and lead on the development of all foundation phase related tasks and coaching programmes.
- Mentoring and initial line management of part-time coaches within the foundation phase.
- Contribute, develop and review the Academy Performance Plan (APP) regarding the coaching programme annually to ensure its effectiveness in achieving the desired outcomes
- Contribute to Academy Management team and Technical Board meetings with written reports and minutes of all multidisciplinary meetings
- Coordinate the activity of all coaches to ensure sessions and matches are adequately covered, in line with EFL ratio guidelines
- Implement and review the coaching curriculum/syllabus throughout all phases in line with the football club’s philosophy, culture and values, to enable delivery of relative coaching sessions for player and staff development
- Manage the players within the foundation cohort, and be the point of contact for more complex parent queries
- Create additional support and coaching programmes for Gifted and Talented players identified by the Academy
- Oversee all aspects of Academy administration in relation to PMA coaching session plans and player and staff review process
- Ensure periodic player reviews, in line with the EPPP guidelines, are met and ensure the quality of player reviews meet the required standards reported accurately to reflect comprehensive feedback for both player and parents
The role will require a person to have the ability to work effectively within an environment where we continually strive to improve players as well as the the Club Doncaster and Doncaster Rovers brand.
Candidates will be required to evidence how they have taken personal responsibility to enhance their contacts within the industry, and their ability to recruit and retain players within a competitive area of the country.
In addition, they should also be able to evidence additional learning and CPD opportunities, and experience gained within UEFA A / B Licence and FA AYA qualification, in order for them to be up to date with current trends and developments across all of the football industry.
Club Doncaster recognises that the safety and protection of those children and young people in day to day contact with the club is paramount. The company is committed to creating a safe culture for all.
Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out on the successful applicant prior to any offer of employment in line with Club Doncaster’s safeguarding culture and procedures.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are keen to hear from all persons who feel that this would be the right role for them.
If you would like to apply for the role in the first instance, please submit your CV and cover letter to
Kirsty Cavanagh HR Manager Kirsty.Cavanagh@clubdoncaster.co.uk
Closing Date Friday September 27 2019