Rovers’ virtual manager Luke Beniston set to face This Country actor Charlie Cooper who is representing Fulham FC in the Football Manager tournament.
The match is expected to take place on Tuesday with further details to be released in due course.
Football Manager have joined up with Mind and the EFL to bring supporters the EFL Football Manager Cup. Fifty four clubs from across the EFL, each represented by a virtual manager, will face off in a straight knockout competition with the final two teams left standing facing off in the showpiece final in mid-May.
EFL FOOTBALL MANAGER CUP SCHEDULE
- Round One match dates – Monday 20 April to Thursday 23 April
- Round Two – week commencing 27 April
- The ‘Round of 16’ – week commencing 4 May
- The Quarter Finals – 11 May to 14 May
- The Semi-Finals – Saturday 16 May
- The Final – Sunday 17 May
Fifty-four teams across the EFL’s three divisions compete in a knockout tournament with the aim to crown one club as the EFL Football Manager Cup winner.
Due to there being 54 teams taking part, 10 teams will be given a bye into Round Two. This will be determined by random during the first round draw and has been implemented to ensure 32 teams take part in Round Two.
- Matches to be played on FM20 Touch Versus mode, teams must play as themselves.
- This is a straight knockout tournament, with all ties comprising one game. Each tie will go to extra-time and penalties, if necessary, to produce a winner.
- The ‘home’ team of each tie will host the match .
- Suspensions/injuries won't carry over to the next round.
As well as supporting their teams during the tournament, supporters can also show support Mind, the mental health charity. In these tough times their services are needed more than ever so while you’re being entertained by the action, please consider donating here.