Chairman David Blunt has joined hundreds of Rovers fans in getting involved with the ‘I wasn’t there… but I would have been’ initiative.
David and his wife Yvonne have purchased several virtual match packages for the Emirates FA Cup fourth round tie at Premier League side West Ham United this weekend, and will hand the benefits to their grandchildren, who are all big Rovers supporters.
Created to bring Rovers fans closer to the action while they cannot be there in person, more than 850 people have purchased theirs ahead of Saturday’s tie at the London Stadium.
David said: “I’m delighted to be able to play my part and get involved with this brilliant initiative which will hopefully bring a smile to people’s faces during difficult times.
“While disappointed that we can’t all make the trip to the capital this weekend, we will all be cheering the players on from home.
“I’m sure the Rovers fans would have travelled in their thousands, this gives them the chance to feel a part of what is a wonderful occasion for the football club.”
The virtual package costs £10 and will include a commemorative match ticket as well as all of the following:
- A limited-edition commemorative pennant*
- Access to a special commemorative written away team match programme including:
- an exclusive interview with Darren Moore
- an exclusive player interview
- Your name listed in the programme (physical version only).
- Entry into a prize draw to win a Doncaster Rovers FA Cup shirt or West Ham United home and away replica shirts signed by the squads.
Your support is always fantastic, this season more than any other, and we are gutted that you can’t be with us on Saturday, but we know you’ll be supporting us from home.
To purchase your ‘I wasn’t there… but I would have been’ package please CLICK HERE or call the Box Office on 01302 762576.
* To make sure you receive the full package, please ensure you purchase prior to 3pm on Saturday (January 23).