Doncaster RLFC (part of the Club Doncaster family) are looking to recruit an assistant coach for the senior men’s team.
Club Doncaster is the brand that connects Doncaster’s elite sports teams and manages the delivery of events at Doncaster’s Keepmoat Stadium and associated Elite Performance Centre and Sports Village.
We look to recruit people with the desire to work within all areas of Club Doncaster who demonstrate integrity, compassion, pride and honesty and a desire to continuously improve themselves and those around them.
We are looking to appoint a part-time assistant coach for Doncaster RLFC (the Dons) to support the head coach of the senior squad who are currently competing within League one.
The assistant coach will join the existing multi-disciplinary first team staff, and report to the head coach on a day-to-day basis. Joining up with a close-knit team of coaching, medical, and strength and conditioning staff.
The ideal candidate will have strong technical skills, personal integrity, and a strategic mindset. They will be deeply motivated by the exciting opportunity to work alongside staff and playing personnel at Doncaster Rugby League Football Club to help shape the future of the team.
The right candidate must be driven, passionate and possess the ability to work with others to support the head coach. Experience of coaching Rugby League in a professional environment is essential, as is achievement of the Level 2 UKCC coaching qualification.
To apply for the position please send an up-to-date CV and a covering letter detailing how your experience, personal skills and attributes will enable you to perform the role successfully.
Please submit both your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on April 1, 2021.
- supporting the head coach to deliver plan and evaluate all training and game day activity.
- support the plan for the collective and individual development of senior players in line with the multi-disciplinary team.
- support and plan the effective delivery of all practical coaching sessions.
- work constructively with the other multi-disciplinary staff to create a positive and high-performance first team culture.
- work effectively with the multi-disciplinary staff team to coordinate resources to achieve the aims and objectives of the first team squad.
Person specification - essential:
- experience of coaching in a professional environment.
- UKCC L2 Rugby League coaching qualification.
- demonstrable experience of planning with great attention to detail.
- ability to work under pressure and to determined time scales.