Papa John’s Trophy rules have been amended for the remainder of the 2021/22 season in order to allow clubs to make five substitutions from the seven nominated players.
The amendment to Competition Rule 10.1 came into effect on Monday 29 November 2021 and will be in place for the rest of the campaign. The change was made after consideration of the proposal which highlighted concerns of a demanding fixture schedule over the coming months.
Papa John’s Trophy Substitution rules in detail:
- Clubs will be able to make 5 substitutes from 7 nominated;
- Clubs will have 3 opportunities during open play to make substitutions (not including half-time);
- Multiple substitutions can be made during one opportunity;
- For the Final an additional opportunity will be afforded during open play in extra time (not including 90 mins and half-time in extra-time);
- Unspent substitutions can be a carried over in extra time; and
- Provision of concussion substitutes sits outside this process and can be made at any time.