An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Club Doncaster family as head grounds person.
Club Doncaster is the brand that connects Doncaster’s elite sports teams and manages the delivery of events at Doncaster’s Keepmoat Stadium, and associated Elite Performance Centre and Sports Park.
We look to recruit people with the desire to work within all areas of Club Doncaster who demonstrate integrity, compassion, pride and honesty and a desire to continuously improve themselves and those around them.
We are looking for an experienced leader to head up our grounds team, and support the maintenance of stadium and training ground pitches. They will be a part of a small team to achieve the highest possible standards on and off the pitch.
Applicants should be hard working, committed and have a keen interest in growing the Club Doncaster reputation and brand.
Reporting to operations lead, and in turn the Chief Operating Officer, the role will lead the ground team on the maintenance of the stadium and training ground playing surfaces, and ensure that all Club Doncaster related pitches are safe and of the best possible quality.
You will be a point of contact for all pitch related issues, and able to appropriately lead a small team of grounds staff to ensure all areas of the sports park is maintained to the highest standards.
Successful applicants, should have experience in a previous role within a supervisory role in an elite sport premises. It would be desirable to have undertaken formal based qualifications within landscape and pitch maintenance such as an NVQ level II / III in a related discipline.
• Experience maintaining sports pitches
• Previous experience within a similar role
• Experience in monitoring conditions of pitches
• Awareness of the elite sports culture
• PA1 / 2 / 6 qualifications
• Ability to manage conflicting and changing priorities
• Excellent communication skills
• Be able to work in a professional and responsible manner.
• Have excellent attention to detail.
• National Vocational Qualification in Sports Turf Management is preferred.
• Punctual and have an excellent record of attendance.
• Willing to learn and committed to achieving high standards within their work.
Successful applicants may be required to undertake further checks in relation to their identity and criminal disclosures.
Club Doncaster is an equal opportunities employer and keen to hear from all persons who feel that this would be the right role for them regardless of age or gender.
If you would like to apply for the role please submit your CV and cover letter to Head of People & Culture Kirsty Cavanagh at email@example.com,
The closing date for applications is Tuesday October 5 2021 but Club Doncaster reserve the right to cease applications for this post at an earlier time.