Club Doncaster are currently looking for an exceptional candidate to join the business in the newly-created role of commercial manager, working across the Club Doncaster business.
Club Doncaster is the brand that connects Doncaster’s elite sports teams and manages the delivery of events at Doncaster’s Eco-Power Stadium, and associated Elite Performance Centre and Sports Park.
Club Doncaster is so much more than a football team. We are home to a men’s football and rugby league clubs and a women’s football club. The Eco-Power Stadium also houses a Sports College, Club Doncaster Foundation and hosts concerts with both The Killers and Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott playing the venue in summer 2022.
The facility itself expands beyond a matchday. Club Doncaster are a hub for the community and a multi-sports venue. We pride ourselves on working together across the Club Doncaster to engage and host our local teams and activities.
Club Doncaster are looking to recruit someone with the desire to work within all areas of Club Doncaster who demonstrate integrity, compassion, pride, honesty and a desire to continuously improve themselves and those around them.
Club Doncaster are currently looking for an exceptional candidate to join the business in the newly created role of commercial manager, working across the Club Doncaster business.
The appointed candidate will play a significant part in supporting the chief commercial officer to deliver the sponsorship and commercial KPIs across the business.
Applicants should be hard working, committed and have a keen interest in growing the Club Doncaster reputation and brand across all areas of work.
The commercial manager will be responsible for delivering all appropriate sales and business-to-business related targets across the organisation, retaining current business and exploiting all new opportunities.
Successful applicants, should have demonstrable experience in sales, ideally within an elite sporting club or venue, and be able to grow the department to its fullest potential grasping new opportunities and maintaining excellent existing relationships.
- Experience of managing within a similar facility or demonstrable experience within an comparable venue / elite sporting environments
- A proven track record in achieving and surpassing pre-determined sales targets
- Experience in monitoring and managing departmental budgets.
- Awareness of the elite sports culture.
- Ability to manage conflicting and changing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrable evidence of exceeding sales targets consistently.
- Understanding and knowledge of the local and national business market in respect of sponsorship agreements.
- Be able to work in a professional and responsible manner when dealing with a variety of management levels and departments.
- Flexible in relation to working hours and event commitments.
- Punctual and have an excellent record of attendance.
- Willing to learn and committed to achieving high standards within their work.
- Good leadership skills.
- Flexible in their approach to working hours.
- Ability to manage and maintain excellent external and internal working relationships.
- The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, be able to communicate effectively with players, staff and senior management and be adaptable and innovative.
Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out on the successful applicant prior to any offer of employment, in line with Club Doncaster’s safeguarding culture and procedures.
Club Doncaster is also committed to ensuring to the highest standards of safeguarding, we are an equal opportunities employer and is keen to hear from all persons who feel that this would be the right role for them.
If you would like to apply for the role please submit a full CV and covering letter demonstrating clearly your experience in line with the person specification to Head of People & Culture Kirsty Cavanagh on email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday January 18, 2022, but Club Doncaster reserve the right to close the application process earlier than advertised due to the volume of applications.