Club Doncaster is the brand that connects Doncaster’s elite sports teams, the company also manage the delivery of events at Doncaster’s Eco Power Stadium, and associated Elite Performance Centre, Sports Park, Foundation, Sports College, and Impact Programmes.
Club Doncaster is more than just a sports club and the company aim to improve people’s lives, through all levels of elite sport, community engagement, and education every day.
We are proud at Club Doncaster to ensure we always strive to lead the field in every area of the organisation. By recruiting people who demonstrate integrity, compassion, pride, honesty, and a desire to continuously improve themselves and those around them, we can make sure that we are always moving forward and making a difference in all levels of our work.
An opportunity has arisen for a suitably qualified and experienced candidate to fulfil the role of goalkeeping coach and be a part time member of the backroom team at Doncaster Rovers Belles LFC ready for the 2022/23 season. The successful person will be responsible for working with the senior coaching staff focusing on the development and performance of goalkeepers, and helping to support the team reach the potential within the WSL leagues.
Successful applicants will be required to plan, record, review and implement coaching sessions that complement the coaching programme, this will include the attendance at a nominated training session during the week at Doncaster, and attendance on a Sunday at games.
- Level II coaching qualification
- Specific experience working within an elite GK role
- Prior experience of working within player development environments
- Basic First Aid for Sport
- Valid Safeguarding Certificates
- An understanding of elite sports environment and the ability to support parents and players during positive and testing times
- Good communication/listening skills
- Organisational skills
- IT literacy
- Flexible approach and good time management skills
- UEFA B certificate
- Previous experience of within the female game
- GK Level II qualification
- Understanding and previous working knowledge of talent pathway system and the FA strategy of the WSL tiers
Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out on the successful applicant prior to any offer of employment in line with Club Doncaster’s safeguarding culture and procedures.
Club Doncaster is also committed to ensuring to the highest standards of safeguarding. We are an equal opportunities employer and are keen to hear from all persons who feel that this would be the right role for them.
If you would like to apply for the role please submit a full CV, and covering letter demonstrating clearly your experience in line with the person specification to head of people and culture Kirsty Cavanagh at email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Monday, April 25 2022.